• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Osprey 45 on FNP-45 Tactical w/RMR

salmonaxe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2007
Lynnwood, WA
This pistol is pretty neat. I'm still in shock over buying it. Fingers crossed that it turns out to be a good suppressor host. No rounds through it yet.

Re: Osprey 45 on FNP-45 Tactical w/RMR

Since it's not a fixed barrel, the short throw required for the unlocking of the barrel puts the suppressor pretty close to the guide rod and dust cover as it is. Then with the tilting of the barrel it's put even closer to the guide rod. I think they made it the perfect length to function with the largest variety of suppressors and account for flexing of all the elements that would come close to the endcap.

1/4" shorter and the guide rod would touch the rear of the piston on the suppressor. (Nielson device.)

url]

40cal
smile.gif

Nice. These Ospreys definitely look at home on old USP's and the FNP. How close is the guide rod to the suppressor when it's locked back?

I really need to find a holster for this. Hopefully one that works with the suppressor too.

I tried a TLR-1 weapon light on it, and it didn't seem that the switches were long enough to engage easily. Also it looked kinda goofy. Wonder if there are any better options out there. hmmmm...

must be the dimensions. i use a tlr-1 on my 1911 and with my weak hand supporting, my thumb toggles the momentary perfectly.

good looking combo. i like that setup

I do the exact same thing!

I think it's the huge winter trigger guard of the FNP that makes it impossible. It's even hard to switch it on with my index/trigger finger.

I think it's pretty cool so far. It does seem to have drawbacks, but I don't know if they'll be a big issue during use. Mainly when I've been in a dark area and look into a well lit area, it's nearly impossible to see. Still there's back up irons to it. In low light it works pretty good because of the tritium.

Surefire x300 on mine. Works great.
Guide rod is close but doesn't touch

That is awesome....I would love to someday end up w. a Osprey for my HK's. I like the idea of running a mini rds on a handgun and if I could rig one on a uspc or 45c I would.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How is the factory barrel threaded, 5/8 x 24 or some metric pitch? </div></div>

Cool thing is you just get another piston and it does not matter.

That is a sweet looking can. I have always liked the "black box" look.