• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Osprey 9mm Suppressor

Re: Osprey 9mm Suppressor

I really want to get one of those or a Ti-Rant for my USP 9mm SD. I've heard they are equal soundwise and will probably go with whatever I find in stock locally for the best price. Centerfire rifle suppressors aren't really that quiet and when non-gun nuts come shooting with me they usually are suprised at how loud they still are. I think a 9mm with one of these cans and 147/158gr ammo would be about as close to 'hollywood' quiet as you can get (along with .22lr subsonics).

With the rectangular shape how does it index itself properly? I've never seen any pics/descriptions of how that works.

To index it just tighten it down snug and then flip a lever out at the base of the can,line it up strait and flip the lever back.

I had the rep in the shop a little while back and I shot all three 9-40-45 and I really belive these are the best out there. I think what I liked the best was the .300 whisper w/ the osprey 9mm without the piston spring, that mutha was slick.

9mm Luger (9x19mm) 147gr TCMC Winchester Subsonic Box (50 rds) $12.49

I'm running the Trident9 on my G34 with a LoneWolf barrel and havent had any issues with feed, function or cycling yet. Only got to test it out for a half hour or so at my dealers spot while I'm waiting for my forms to come back.
IMO, for general subsonic plinking...its hard to beat the for-mentioned Subsonic Winchester loads. My dealer runs handloaded 147gr subsonic hollow points in his HK USP 9mm. you'll have a great time playing with them all.

I have found that the Trident9 is making my glock run nearly as quiet with subs as it does with full power ammo.
Regardless....VERY quiet. The most noise is not coming from the slide or the pop...but from the LCD Booster making sort of a "clink" sound when the metal/metal contacts after the piston retraction.

Looks nice with the Glock slide. Is it hard to see with the sights? Seems like it's the same height.

on a 17 a light laser will work. May be problematic on a 19. Althought I think silencerco was going to do a run of longer pistons so there would be clearance.

Some higher sights may be in your future sir!

Awesome setup though!

With Fiocchi 158gr Subsonic, it's very close to being as quiet as my SWR Spectre is on my 1911 22lr kit. You'd have to shoot them side by side to really notice any difference.

Higher sights definitely would be nice. It was fairly easy to hit a 12" plate at about 75 feet. But it would have been even easier to do it with a front sight I could really see.

I was thinking that with a can that indexes, it would have been cool if they gave the can the option for integral sights. I wonder if they thought about that or played with it.

I think that with my 1911 and the osprey 45 I could see the sights. All I had a chance to do was mount it once at my SOT, and I can't remember for certain.

I think it might work better on other pistols. Everything on a glock is pretty low.