• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Osprey Barrel Works range reports?

Hondo64d

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 12, 2006
The Big Country
I usually shoot Bartlein and have been very pleased with them but lately, they, Brux, and Krieger have been unavailable anywhere I’ve looked. So, I ordered an OBW from Patriot Valley but I have seen almost no range reports or anything that gives me an idea of what to expect. For those that have used them, how are they doing for you? How do they compare to the big name barrels in terms of precision, longevity, and ease of cleaning?

Thanks,

John

I've got one in 223 and another in 6gt and they both shoot really well. I only have a few hundred rounds on each so I can't speak to longevity but they seem to clean easily and they certainly shoot. I wouldn't hesitate to get another.

Reactions: Hondo64d
I only have experience with one so far. A 6.5 creed prefit. But it shoots everything I throw down it very well, and cleans easily. I have 1k rounds on it and judging by the fire cracking and wear, or lack thereof; I should get more out of it than previous barrels.

I'm working on 2 builds currently that will get them as well. And pretty excited for their new carbon offering.

Here's a thread on Ospreys here in the Bolt Action section.

Just got home and cleaned my newest 6mm barrel up after shooting 20 rounds through and finishing 100 rounds so now I will start some load work up. Barrel cleans up as fast as any. Accuracy is right there with other quality barrels as I have posted in the thread above. Will have to see about longevity.

Reactions: nrspence
I've got one in a dasher for my AI. Only have 200 ish rounds down it but it's an awesome barrel. My buddy has a few ospreys and they all shoot very well. Buy with confidence.

Ol Josh has a good thing goin with PVA, buy with confidence. Hope he can get his mishap with the new machine shorted out so they can keep the barrels coming.

Mine should be here Monday. Going to be chambered by Jon Beanland in .22GT. Looking forward to ringing it out.

John

I have one in 22 cm that shoots very well but is my most difficult to clean so far. There are 318 rounds through the barrel with the majority of them being 90 grain SMK's over N565

I have one in 22 cm that shoots very well but is my most difficult to clean so far. There are 318 rounds through the barrel with the majority of them being 90 grain SMK's over N565

That's bc N565 is dirty af. Same with N150. N150 has been the dirtiest powder I've used to date, but it works great.

Reactions: nrspence
My smith is about to cut my osprey 3b 7tw 22 blank at 18" in 22creed and thread it to my bat bumblebee action. Hope it shoots!

Reactions: max1840