• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Osprey Global scopes,the new Counter Sniper Junk.

Facemelter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2012
Cincy,Ohio
I was wondering around a local Gunshow checking out all the new fancy tacticool crap I could find this weekend. I had walked past this particular booth with these scopes in it a couple times. I have seen these scopes at the shows for some time now.

So I decided to stop in and have a look. Neither one of the people really knew anything about them. Kinda comical when I asked some questions and niether one of them had any answers and they kinda just looked at each other shrugging there shoulders. So I picked up the most expensive one they had on the table in 10-20x50,which I think was like 500 bucks or some thing close to it.Oh,and it had illumination on the reticle,red,blue and green.

This is where it gets good. The only thing this Kid had was this tidbit of info when I looked though it.

"Its the same glass Leupold has in there Mark 4 Scopes,no difference". It also had some horrible mill-dot holdover crappy multi reticle.The eye focus knob did nothing,as well as parallax knob did nothing either.

I look up with a puzzled look and tell him I can get my Leupold to focus,this one will not. He explain's its because we are inside and the wall is to close,I would say about 50 yards out is the wall. Flip the scope over,"made in china" was on the bottom. I asked just for curiousity since it was all 1/8th inch MOA,what the max elevation and windage adjustment was. Kid didnt know,so He made a phone call,next thing I know Im talking to some guy on the phone who knew way more than I did.

So I ask the question again, what was the max elevation adjustment?
Guy on the phone said 40 is the max. And that he just had some guys back from Afghanistan that used these scopes on deployment for shooting up to a mile.
Then he went into the whole warranty splurge blah blah blah. I kindly set the scope back down and handed the phone back and walked away.

This scope reminded me of the whole countersniper ordeal,kinda comical but kinda not since people buy this stuff and spend good hard earned money on it.

Last edited:
They've been selling Osprey and NCStar scopes at our gunshow here for the last 5 years, at least. I always thought they were airsoft scopes.

I thought it was high dollar airsoft stuff too. But this guy behind the counter said,"they are 50 BMG rated" what ever that is.

Brother I live North of Cincy, I am at Point Blank and Target World constantly and those gun shows are a HOOT. I have a Night Force on my rig and I just laugh when I walk buy some of the booths there. The flashlight guy and sharktac guy are good to go.

Last edited:
Now thats a flat shooting caliber if 40 moa total internal travel can get you to 1 mile. The one I always see is "sniper optics" they were at the Dayton show this weekend.

Brother I live North of Cincy, I am at Point Blank and Target World constantly and those gun shows are a HOOT. I have a Night Force on my rig and I just laugh when I walk buy some of the booths there. The flashlight guy and sharktac guy are good to go.
I didnt make the Dayton show,I was at Cabelas and Vances outdoors in Columbus saturday. And sunday is shoot day. Also,the guy with the camo net canopy at those shows is G2G also.
We should get together some time and do some shooting.

Now thats a flat shooting caliber if 40 moa total internal travel can get you to 1 mile. The one I always see is "sniper optics" they were at the Dayton show this weekend.

I asked him multiple times if he was sure about that. Thats when he told me "you should have plenty of adjustment to shoot out to a mile".

I have a Osprey 10-40-50 on a beater 700 I inherited. Took it out today for the first time and the scope allows for NO windage adjustment. It clicks and just won't move crosshairs. Which trash can do I use?

Lots of junk out there... No worse than BSA, Barska, Falcon, or Millet, only they have a following.

I don't know, brother, I might have to respectfully disagree just a bit with that statement. Only because I believe the Falcon and Millett are in a class above the NCStars and Osprey's. Shit, the one Falcon I looked through was decent enough, though I could not speak to their durability. My buddy had a Millett on his .338LM and it held up just fine, which seems to be better than some other scopes out there suffering from the effects of the muzzle brake's concussion.

I will never go cheap on another scope... ever. I had a Millet LRS 5-25 I think. Hell, I don't really remember the specifics about the scope but I do remember that after exactly 52 rounds sitting on top of a Remington 700 in .308 I had to send it back, it took 6 months for another scope to arrive. I had just deployed the month before so did not see the scope for about a year and a half. Once I was back stateside I sold that thing before even taking it out of the box Bushnell shipped it in.

Looking through a scope says nothing, I've seen $20 scopes that have respectable glass.

Yeah but the ncstar I looked through had a slight reddish haze to it. The falcon was relatively clear. I have not read many malfunction reports on them.

Yeah, I wouldn't dog the Falcons, they are in a class of there own compared to NsStar/Ospreys. They are not high end or even medium level scopes, but I feel on the "low end" range of the scopes, they do fairly well for what they are, especially considering their cost.