• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Osprey Piston Kit...need some help...

SilentStalkr

Wonna Be Badass
Minuteman
  • Oct 8, 2012
    Somewhere in the US
    Is anyone here familiar with the Osprey Piston Conversion Kit? I bought a pieced together AR years ago and I am missing this little Piston clip and apparently they aren’t manufacturing this anymore and have no plans to ever again. Anyone got any ideas on how I can get this thing running? Right now I have a cotter pin holding stuff together but obviously it wasn’t designed to be used with that and it hasn’t been used since.

Get some spring wire of the same diameter and bend up your own?

After looking at a picture of that kit why would a quality cotter pin not work? It does not look like it's doing much work...

After looking at a picture of that kit why would a quality cotter pin not work? It does not look like it's doing much work...
    It might. I just assumed that the clip is heat treated and stronger. It’s basically the piece that holds/pushes the Piston together and it looks to me like the way the a cotter pin goes in may block some of the gas from being ported if that makes any sense.