• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Osprey scopes

Mr_Brass

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2010
45x90 WI.
Anyone using these? I played with some this weekend and really liked the feel of them. all 50BMG rated and what not.

Re: Osprey scopes

For a $200 scope, they aren't bad. I have one on a 6.8 SPC AR and the clarity in full light is good. Turrets seem to track true as well. I've had no problems with it punching paper during the day out to 300 yards. Illuminated reticle can be a little intense at the higher settings and the rings that come with them are a too high for my taste.

I'd put them in the same category as a Millett in quality.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marine24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For a $200 scope, they aren't bad. I have one on a 6.8 SPC AR and the clarity in full light is good. Turrets seem to track true as well. I've had no problems with it punching paper during the day out to 300 yards. Illuminated reticle can be a little intense at the higher settings and the rings that come with them are a too high for my taste.

I'd put them in the same category as a Millett in quality.

</div></div>

I was looking at a millett (online) and liked the features i saw but after looking through an osprey and handling it it seemed pretty good. it was clear and bright even with an 8" sunshade on it

More than adequate for by 6.8 SPC AR and it allows me to shoot at the range and work up loads for the rifle, while I'm deciding which scope to mount on it permanently and save up for it.

I haven't built enough confidence in the Osprey line to subject it to the typical abuse that comes with it being out in the field. Particularly the stuff on the torture test post that they did to US Optics and Vortex.

Reason I'm leaning more towards Millett is because of their customer service. No personal experience, but have seen some less than complimentary accounts about getting support from Osprey, while Millett (division of Bushnell?) seem to have exceptional support and stand behind their products.