• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors OSS 7.62 Ti vs TBAC ultra 5 for Semi-auto 308

asugm13

Private
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2019
Chandler, AZ
I am looking at suppressing a 16in DI POF revolution in 308 and wanted to get a consensus of the two above models.

I currently use a TBAC ultra 7 on a 16in .308 AI AT and a OSS 556k on a 10.5in piston 416.

I recently acquired the revolution and am between the OSS 7.62 Ti or the TBAC ultra 5.

The OSS is heavier than the TBAC but may have less back pressure, Idk if this is a concern as much with the adjustable gas block on the revolution or not. TBAC is quieter than the OSS but a semi auto isn’t inherently quiet itself.

I have read through a few threads referencing both but looking for some experience on the comparison.

The revolution will be set up as a “light weight” 308 DMR. But weight is not the main concern. Reliability and accuracy are compared to overall weight. Also this will be ran more like a bolt gun. No 20 rd mag dumps or bill drills.

Thanks in advance.

I’d go with another 7 inch can. If you’re running it like a bolt gun then length isn’t the highest priority. You’ll appreciate the extra dB reduction. Back pressure isn’t an issue with an adjustable gas block.

Reactions: asugm13
I run a Dead Air Nomad 30 Ti on both my Revolution 16” and 12.5” SBR. Functions flawlessly and super light weight. I do use a Cherry Bomb adaptor to mitigate the blast and also don’t do mag dumps with these setups. Use them for hunting and I also have the standard Nomad 30 and just the little weight savings of the Ti is noticeable to me….especially when on a long stalk after the piggies.

No experience with the OSS, have heard very good reviews on OSS though.

As far as TBAC, I do have a 6.5cal Ultra 5 which I’ve used on a 16” 5.56, and a .30 cal Dominus and .30cal Ultra 7, both used on 7.62 REPR. IMO the Ultra 5 is better suited for a bolt action setup such as a lightweight hunting rig. The Dominus really shines on the REPR, even more so than the .30 cal Ultra 7. If I was purchasing another can specifically for a 7.62 gasser I’d get a Dominus K.

Shooting would be more similar to our bolt guns but used in closer spaces occasionally.

Thanks for the suggestion on the Dominus K I’ll purpose that one as well.

No experience with the OSS, have heard very good reviews on OSS though.

As far as TBAC, I do have a 6.5cal Ultra 5 which I’ve used on a 16” 5.56, and a .30 cal Dominus and .30cal Ultra 7, both used on 7.62 REPR. IMO the Ultra 5 is better suited for a bolt action setup such as a lightweight hunting rig. The Dominus really shines on the REPR, even more so than the .30 cal Ultra 7. If I was purchasing another can specifically for a 7.62 gasser I’d get a Dominus K.
BOUGHT a 2 TBAC Dominus K's one specifically for a 308 gasser, am very excited now LOL

Reactions: fanninland
I run the OSS 7.62Ti on my POF Revolution DI and zero complaints. No need to change the gas settings and the POI shift is repeatable. Super easy to mount and unmount, never gets stuck on and less gas in the face, etc...would buy the exact same suppressor (albeit with the new flash hider cap) in a heartbeat.

The Ultra 5 is tiny. My take is if muzzle sound level isn’t primarily important, the can should be as small and light as possible. Hence the U5 and Dominus-K

On gas guns just a little tuning can often change the ear dB a dramatic amount also

Another vote for a Dominus SR, I would do the full length myself just so when you run it on a bolt gun at some point you can take full advantage of sound suppression.

If you just wanted a K can take a look at KGM R30K.

I just missed a couple coyotes with a cmmg 7.62x39 and oss hxqd 762 ti...checked my zero and I was 2 inches low and a inch left, only thing I changed was adding a cole tac cover, didn’t think that would make a difference

My zero moved 1.5 Mills down when I didn't close the locking lug thing on my Omega 300. Not sure why since it was always screwed on tight and nothing was in anyway loose, but I was 1.5 mils off. Closed the lock lug thing and all better.

OP,

Is there a reason why you can't use the Ultra 7 you have already?
No reason I can’t.

But I tend to shoot both guns at the same range time. Like letting friends shoot both and/ or team events.

Also, who doesn’t need another suppressor?