• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors OSS Hx qd 762-Ti

Sincerd

Drone
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2019
Freestate
Hey I just wanted to get on here and put out an opinion on these cans. We got ours last week and I was actually able to go out today and shoot. These things are actually very impressive.

For a little backstory this was an Impulse Buy. They had it on sale and I just bought it. Didn't really know a whole lot about it. Naturally after I bought it I started looking up reviews. All the major reviewers and YouTubers seem to love it. But I must everything I read on forums was negative. Splash back on Big Bore rifles, normal cans are quieter, ect. So much negative information I started worrying about my purchase before I picked it up.

After getting some range time on an 11.5 556 and 6.75 300 blk mcx virtus. I can tell you these cans kick ass. It's hard to describe the way it throws the sound. The Echoes and Report seems louder then other cans i have. But the noise when I'm shooting, the first sound of the actual round going off is perceived to be much less. Especially with subsonic this was noticeable.

I will say they both were on different host. But we had a dead air Nomad and a OSS out today. The Nomad was on a Noveske ghetto blaster and the OSS on an mcx. With the same handloads the mcx was comfortable to shoot while then Noveske we both were getting noticeable ringing in our ears.

Maybe it was actually the combo of the Piston system with the OSS or maybe it was something else. At this point I have no desire to switch muzzle devices and find out. All in all a lot of negative information out there on these things, I don't think those people have ever shot one. I would definitely buy it again.

I will also say other than this OSS. Everything I own is from dead air. I like dead air suppressors a lot. The nomad has always been my favorite. At this point i think they are about tied. Only if I could get someone to make me a key MO with OSS threading

Last edited:
Thanks for this review—just bought one today. Need it most for gas guns w/o gas adjustment but excited to try it on my precision rifles too. I’m curious to see the effect on recoil versus my TBAC ultra 7 And Mac. Bros. 762. I‘ll have to wait 10 or so months, so if you do any more testing, please post :)

I don't have one of their cans, nor interest in one, but its pretty obvious that the system has designed trade-offs. Not sure why so many people expect to have their cake and eat it too.

If I needed a can with minimal back pressure, I know where I would look first. I wear ear pro regardless with supers. Enjoy the new can!

I don't have one of their cans, nor interest in one, but its pretty obvious that the system has designed trade-offs. Not sure why so many people expect to have their cake and eat it too.

If I needed a can with minimal back pressure, I know where I would look first. I wear ear pro regardless with supers. Enjoy the new can!

I would agree to a certain extent but I've also never let someone shoot it or seeing someone that owned one that didn't like it or want one. I mean does anyone really care about what the range Target decibel range is? One very big negative that nobody talks about is Flash. Giving away your position could cause issues. That's probably a fantasy situation anyhow but something could be aware of.

I normally tune guns to their application for example 300 Blackout Subs. Some situations where I need the back pressure to cycle. Especially with reloads and very fast burning quiet powders. I have a load that is half as loud as Factory subsonic but can't get it to cycle in the MCX platform without a can.

Also I've been contacting a lot of people regarding getting a keymo threaded for this can. Or getting that can threaded for a keymo.

My comment was more directed at the forum people who have bought this can and then complained that it is louder than their traditional can. Those people are also the ones complaining about the blowback with their traditional can. That kind of thing where its an obvious "well duh" situation.

I just rewatched MAC's review on it.

Last edited:
You will continue to find the negative forum reviews until the cans become more commonplace and people like yourself speak out. The latest gen cans are very different then the earlier designs. I’ve been testing the latest gen 30 cal cans on a number of semi auto hosts and for me personally I don’t see a trade off. The people that proclaim “they’re loud” I suspect haven’t been behind one. The shooters ear is the only one I care about. They aren’t loud, but they do sound different. Omho the sound projection outward nullifies the meter ratings haters will want to lean on. I have several friends who have bought the latest gen, all are extremely satisfied. The pros heavily outweigh the cons. I’m not affiliated with the company, nor am I a professional anything, I just own a lot of cans and like to shoot a lot.

Reactions: Mike4837
I got my 7.62 OSS out of jail maybe a month ago and love it. Pretty stout can so I'm tempted to get the ti but I'm mainly gonna use it on 5.56 so I may go the 5.56k version and go compact. Either way I'm now a big fan OSS, I completely agree with the way the sound is thrown, almost tough to describe. No doubt about the back pressure as well, I had my gas setting where it would cycle perfect with my rugged micro 30. When I put the oss on it wouldn't cycle so back to the normal setting.

Funny thing is sometimes you need that back pressure. Like getting low-powered subsonic rounds to cycle with very fast powder. The faster the powder the last gas and quieter it is.