• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

OT: IT guys - Took the CISSP Yesterday

ArcticLight

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2003
Silverdale, WA
This is how I felt when I left yesterday.

262611_10150278855301944_694556943_9006339_2034976_n.jpg

Re: OT: IT guys - Took the CISSP Yesterday

Ha ha ha...was it really that difficult?

About six months ago, I thumbed through one of the CISSP study guides while I was in Barnes & Noble. I knew most of the answers for what I saw and read but I didn't read the whole thing.

How well do you think you did?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ha ha ha...was it really that difficult?

About six months ago, I thumbed through one of the CISSP study guides while I was in Barnes & Noble. I knew most of the answers for what I saw and read but I didn't read the whole thing.

How well do you think you did? </div></div>

So did we - and yet there was not ONE question about any of that stuff LOL

We have the 4" thick Shon Harris book and yet the questions were all between the lines, maybe 20% had real answers, the rst seemed theoretical.

You cannot take a practice test for the real thing - in all of my certs through the years NOTHING compares to this test.....

It was a mind meld, walked out of there thinking they were asking theoretical physics..

Have no idea how I did either, that's the weird part....

I was mind F*cked yesterday..

You could work in this field your whole life, this was like a doctorates final test.....definitely doctorate level theoretical security.

Sounds good and thorough. I have basically all M$ shit (had to formalize it with my previous employer) and are walk in the park if you do stuff in real world also. I've heard that CISM is also shit exam so it's quite nice to hear there are some certification which actually do require some knowledge and not just membership and training fees
smile.gif

Yeah M$ is childs play compared to CISSP. I have an original MCSE, a few M$ certs and now going back for MCTIP cert - that should be easy compared to CISSP..

But you do have to have some knowledge of Win2k8 to pass those.

Anyone work for M$??? I'd love to buy my own copy of Windows 2008 server..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah M$ is childs play compared to CISSP. I have an original MCSE, a few M$ certs and now going back for MCTIP cert - that should be easy compared to CISSP..

But you do have to have some knowledge of Win2k8 to pass those.

Anyone work for M$??? I'd love to buy my own copy of Windows 2008 server..

</div></div>

I get any Microsoft product I want absolutely free of charge because of the college I attend, Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology.
smile.gif

Had more that i cared for when working at MS partner company. Got fed up with it (had one of the first Hyper-V installations in cluster environment and was a bitch compared to VMware). I've been out of tech stuff for more than 2 years now and i kind of miss it but now and again i get reminded how crappy it is to troubleshoot unknown bugs and pull hair only to have a patch for it a few weeks later and i'm happy to be mostly out of it.

All those certs are mostly without value locally as everyone knows everyone so to get good jobs you need to know people...small country much like rural small towns
smile.gif

As far as i remember from my exams (not that i remember much :)) there was an emphasis on command shell and changes to AD functionality (encryption, 2k8 mode, forests and trust between them - federation services).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I get any Microsoft product I want absolutely free of charge because of the college I attend, Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology.
smile.gif
</div></div>

So do I but it's not legal to use for business, and so far it does appear there may be a one year expiration on MSDN servers now.(It actually quit working inside of VMWare when I finished school)

I want to buy a boxed copy of 2008 server...

I got the MCSE's back in '99-2000. With some of the practice tests I found on Usenet they were an absolute cakewalk. I think the longest any one of them took me to complete was maybe 30 minutes, and that was with a full review of each question.

The prep tests had me so in tune with them that I could answer most of them simply by looking at the answers... not even reading the questions.

Never tried the Cisco stuff or anything like this.

Good luck hope you passed. I have 3 buddies that are CISSP and they all felt like that when they got done. Their synopsis was that it's a mile wide and an inch deep. Maybe I will sit for it someday.

I've got the CISSP on my list to do... all I've heard is that it's a mind f*ck. I hope you passed.

Yeah it's a mind F*ck for sure. On your list of things to do I hope you allocated at LEAST 6 mos to study for it, or d oa boot camp - have heard the boot camp versions of tests are easy(er)..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got the MCSE's back in '99-2000. With some of the practice tests I found on Usenet they were an absolute cakewalk. I think the longest any one of them took me to complete was maybe 30 minutes, and that was with a full review of each question.

The prep tests had me so in tune with them that I could answer most of them simply by looking at the answers... not even reading the questions.

Never tried the Cisco stuff or anything like this. </div></div>

Same here Tuck - and CISSP practice tests up hte Ying yang in teh past 8 mos.

AND NOT ONE PRACITCE TEST RESEMBLED THE ACTUAL TEST!!!

Actually the Shon Harris collection was as close as it came - it is mile wide, inch deep, or chasm deep...

Definitely worth having, I'd say it was a doctorates level test, consider I've done master level tests and found them "OK", this was far beyond that.