• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing OT - Saturday project

MikeeBooshay

Recoil Sponge
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2009
Houston TX and Hackberry LA
OK it is a little off topic, but lots of the "craftsman" folks see this lil part of the forum. Thought ya'll might like to see this.

Was supposed to go to the ranch this weekend, work and other stuff kept me in town til late yesterday. Yesterday afternoon, good friend and associate, mentioned that he needed to swap engines in his boat, so since She Who Must Be Obeyed was in Hill Country for the weekend, I needed to get some new machines, lathe and mill spotted up this weekend, it seemed like a good day to help a buddy with a project.

The Boat:
loosescrew.jpg

The Motor:
goingup.jpg

800 HP of Big Block goodness, PLUS nitro....
Onthehook.jpg

We started at 1100, finished that at 1300. Trent helped me unload the Bridgeport and Hardinge, BROKE THE 'EFFEN pallet dolly, with the B'port on it. Had to set it down on timbers, and leave the grinder on the gooseneck. I'll get a forklift there next week, and finish spotting up the machines, and start the wiring. I'll post up pics of the new shop later when it gets set up. Here is the engine compartment of the boat - clean and tight!

Enginein.jpg

OK, done in time to get home and watch LSU trounce Florida. Even my two year old, when she comes in the room and sees football on the tube, shouts " GEAUX TIGERS!!!". Thats' me girl!

Re: OT - Saturday project

So...saw some of those boats way down in Florida...they had a destination. Where are you going to load/unload dope? (Just kidding...don't hit me!) What a beautiful craft! Makes/would make, my heart stop. Good luck.