• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Other options for LOW and forward scope mounting on an AR15 ????

AR is for Argyle

Minuteman
Apr 25, 2012
Gyeonggi-do, ROK
Curious if anyone is aware of any options/products I have not found yet.

Looking to mount the scope forward for eye relief but approx ½” lower than the common 1.5” high ar15 mounts such as Bobro and ADM. They are just too high for my preference.

Desired height as seen in pic below: (Scope has a 30mm tube)

From rail top surface to scope body: approx ½ “= 13 mm
From rail top surface to center of eyepiece approx : 1 1/32” = 27 mm

Below are the best two options I've found so far, but they are not quite low enough.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Option 1: Center of eyepiece 1.3 “ = 33mm high using (PRI) Precision Reflex Inc. extended cantilever mount – only mount I could find lower than 1.5”. Not sure of quality of this mount and still higher than I prefer)

Link to pri mount:
Precision Reflex - Product Detail - 30mm Cantilever Low Ring Set - $148.50

__________________________________________________________________________________

Option 2: Center of eyepiece 1.2 “ = 30mm high using Valdada Low extended riser rail (1/4”=6.35mm) plus low rings or unimount ( an additional .3“ = 7.6mm). Rings used for this rail need provide ¼” plus height for the riser rail between eyepiece and receiver rail.

Link to valdada low (.25") extended rail/ riser: Also not sure if mounting on extended riser rail is secure

Valdada Low Profile Extended Riser - Rifle Scope Rings and Mounts - Cactus Tactical Tactical equipment, self defense gear, shooting supplies AR-15

Option 3…..?

Thanks for any suggestions…

Last edited:
I'll look into that by getting exact dimensions, but I don't think there is enough forward offset.... below is a pic of a nf unimount, I could only get another 1/2" or so farther forward in the mount

Looks like the extended unimount is not available in 1.125"

A190 Unimount™ 1.125" - 20 MOA - 30mm
A191 Unimount™ 1.375" - 20MOA - 30mm
A221 Unimount™ 1.5" - 20 MOA - 30mm
A192 Extended Unimount™ 1.375" - 20 MOA - 30mm
A257 Unimount™ 1.44" - 20 MOA - 34mm
A194 Extended Unimount™ 1.44" - 20 MOA - 34mm

Last edited:
Instead of bringing the mountain to Mohammed why not bring Mohammed to the mountain. Why not go with the Larue route and install a stock pack on the rifle? Or better, for a precision rig, switch out the stock to a version with adjustable comb height.

Chip

just a couple things to keep in mind when trying to get ultra low ring set up for an AR & maybe you already know this...

1.) obviously, making sure the objective of the scope doesn't hit the rail,,,,,especially if the mount has a built in cant..... my LMT set up with a larue LT158 QD mount with 10moa cant & vortex pst ffp 4-16x50 just clears with rail with the scope cap on by 1/8" of an inch... really important to keep an eye on the size OR possible future size of the scope objective lens.

2.) your scope mount should NEVER span the main upper rail to the handguard rail UNLESS you have a true monolithic upper like an LMT. If you do not have a true monolithic upper, then your scope mounts should ONLY be mounted to the main upper rail only. Most times, you're forced to get an offset type mount.