• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Other than gun shit what are your

The Moscow Times , looking for property to build a home. Figured that no one will be attacking Russia in my life time so it should be safe to live.

Do not hesitate is a good point he made. The way he describes his country and what is happening in the US is spot on.His books are a good read.

Do not hesitate is a good point he made. The way he describes his country and what is happening in the US is spot on.His books are a good read.
Have read a few of them. The US seems to be on that same road & once the ROL is gone only then, will many fully understand the words Violence & War.

The Remaining series and Lee Harden series by DJ Molles. I haven't read his other books yet.

Reactions: paulrem308
I have read everything Heinlein ever wrote, including stuff under his pseudonym.

But I also liked books on math.

I play guitar and sing.

Reactions: lash
honor harrington series by david weber. i think he is finished with the series however it's got a lot of subseries parts.

My book series...

The Tom Clancy Jack Ryan books before Clancy died and they became silly and Ghost-written.

Anything by Frederick Forsythe.

I love Stephen Hunter books (I know... pulp but I love them!)

Also Nelson DeMIlle and Lee Child books... And the first three or so Jack Carr books then he got silly hyperviolence instead of cerebral... which his first couple of books largely were.

And absolutely love Jeff Lindsay's "Dexter" series.' The TV show was good... Really fun. But oh those books are great!

Cheers,

Sirhr

I've really enjoyed the books of The Terminal List by Jack Carr. I like fiction, based on true historical events and real technology.

James Rollins. Quick easy reads and generally entertaining. He blends enough fact into the story line to make it interesting.

I hop from genre to genre. Sci-fi, action, espionage, western, psychological thrillers, dystopian fiction, fantasy fiction, non-fiction, actual plant, bird, animal reference books. I’ll get on a track for a while and then move on for a while.

Last summer I spent a bunch of time at my parents place helping out. I reread the Sackett books from Louis L’Amour in the correct order. That was fun and helped illustrate how well Louis researched his history and geography for each novel. Sure the story lines tended to have some formulaic feel to them, but I just take that as his vehicle.

My book series...

The Tom Clancy Jack Ryan books before Clancy died and they became silly and Ghost-written.

Anything by Frederick Forsythe.

I love Stephen Hunter books (I know... pulp but I love them!)

Also Nelson DeMIlle and Lee Child books... And the first three or so Jack Carr books then he got silly hyperviolence instead of cerebral... which his first couple of books largely were.

And absolutely love Jeff Lindsay's "Dexter" series.' The TV show was good... Really fun. But oh those books are great!

Cheers,

Sirhr
Darkly Dreaming Dexter. Great book.

C054D625-48BB-4428-B462-3601E016E88E.jpeg

Currently I am reading #2 in the Body Farm series. For those who dont know, the Body Farm is a research facility at Univ of Tennessee Knoxville where they leave donated bodies of people outside, burn them, experiment etc in all manner of ways to gain scientific data on exactly what happens to people when they die. Quite fascinating, actually. To me, anyway...

Lee Child/Jack Reacher
Gray Man, Mr Nobody, David Baldacci,

I read the first "The Ranch" series book and found it entertaining, but the way the hero's dad set them up with literally MILLIONS of dollars worth of absolutely EVERYTHING they would need for TEOTWAWKI was pretty unrealistic.

I also read the Bible generally every day, in the morning, and find it very realistic.

Last edited:
I hop around in all genres. Sci-fi is a favorite and John Ringo has written a bunch of good ones. So has Dean Ing, David Weber and many others. I read too many author's to remember all of them. Alan W. Eckhart wrote excellently researched early American history presented in a non-boring story. Elmore Lenord was one of the best with both westerns and crime novels. Donald Hamilton and Bill Granger had some great spy stories. Lately I have been reading books by Jim Corbett and Kenneth Anderson, famed hunters of man eating tigers and leopards in India. Right now I am reading Teddy Roosevelt's "Game Trails Of Africa" but becoming bogged down in the same ol', same ol' thing. I may not finish it. I also have "Black Ops Vietnam" about half way finished but became overwhelmed by acronyms and had to take a break. It has only reinforced my opinion of how poorly upper command handled this fiasco.I will return to Lee Child, C. J. Box, Craig Johnson. Brad Thor, even Stephen Hunter that has seemed to lose some of skills, etc. soon as I am about done with my older author kick.

Amazon is a great place to find older authors and sometimes at bargain basement prices.

Last edited:
I tend to like series about British navy in the age of sail and wooden ships, like Dewey Lambdin's Alan Lewrie series

Reactions: Mudburner and lash
Joe Pickett, Lee Hardin, Black Autumn series, Jack Reacher, dystopian fiction and survival stuff as above posted, and also just straight history topics in general

American History, (especially military and aviation history) Cycling history, Sailing and sailing history the occasional science fiction, and auto racing history. My library has over a thousand volumes and maybe only 50 or so are fiction.

I suppose, history, I’m so old I love reading about myself. Heck, even my journals go back over ten percent of the nation’s history and I started writing them when I was almost past middle age. It’s been over 53 years since I returned from Vietnam. And I was a late starter, being 23 when I arrived back on these shores, Thanksgiving morning, 1971.

Reactions: lash and Mudburner
Age of sail Royal Navy... yes!

Patrick O'Brian's series (Jack Aubrey/Master & Commander fame) is good fun. The Horatio Hornblower series.

Also, pretty much anything by Bernard Cornwell. Anything by Patricia Cornwell, for that matter...

Reactions: johnnycat
I like the Vince Flynn books... native MN!

But I also enjoyed the writings of Peter Hathaway Capstick. Death in... series. Big game hunting in Africa.

Reactions: deerhunter70
Maelsteom Rising Series by Peter Nealen
The Survivalist by Arthur Bradley
Gray War by Peter Nealen
The Extinction Cycle by Nicholas Smith
Lost Valley Series by Walt Browning
Zombie Fallout Series bt Mark Tufo
Devils Desk Series by Mark Tufo
The Dark Tower Series by....
gag....stephen king......gag
Jed Horn Series by Peter Nealen

There are many great writers whose books I enjoy. Several have been mentioned in previous posts. I'll add a couple.
Hemingway before he became a total alcoholic , still enjoy this books, classics.
Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter , probably one the best African hunting books ever done. I would love to have an original copy of Uhuru without having to rob a bank to pay for it.
One of my favorite writers and whose books actually steered my life to some degree was Louis La' Mour, my grandfather started me on his books when I was very young.

many mentioned here that have read and liked. i am getting away from and tired of novels that cast the fbi,cia and cops as heros. that truely is fiction.

Terry Pratchett (rip) is amazing. Tom Clancy was great as well once upon a time. Bear and the Dragon was great. More military aligned, W. E. B. Griffin is good. Dresden Files by Jim butcher is good too. Patricia Briggs is good. Wife likes those.

American History, (especially military and aviation history) Cycling history, Sailing and sailing history the occasional science fiction, and auto racing history. My library has over a thousand volumes and maybe only 50 or so are fiction.

I suppose, history, I’m so old I love reading about myself. Heck, even my journals go back over ten percent of the nation’s history and I started writing them when I was almost past middle age. It’s been over 53 years since I returned from Vietnam. And I was a late starter, being 23 when I arrived back on these shores, Thanksgiving morning, 1971.
IOW, your soc sec number is 000-00-0001.

• Haha
Social security number, heck, when I was born, they hardly bothered to record birthdates. But I do remember Moses calling me “sir” when he was a little boy.
Hell
I had a pet Tyrannosaurus Rex that I used to box with
I won all the time cause his arms were so short he couldn't reach me 🤪

The John Grisham "legal" series. Earlier on, I read all the Pat Conroy novels (Lords of Discipline, etc., Great Santini, etc.). as well as watched the movie versions. If you ever wondered where Michael Biehn or Bill Paxton got their start, watch the "Lords of Discipline" movie. And, oddly enough, that movie was filmed in the UK, of all places.

I'm a fan of Clive Cussler.

Being a SCUBA diver, I have Cussler's "The Sea Hunters" series on DVD. This is the one he did in partnership with James Delgado.

may sound dumb but the Monster Hunter International Series was very entertaining. Lots of gun use and references.

My reading is whatever my squirrel brain says it wants to do. After having read 1984 and Brave new world I felt I needed to finish out the trifecta.

I will give you a hint at my current book.

1710165518482.png