• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

OTS Heat stoke OPEN August 27,28,and 29

tcasexx

Private
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2010
NW Oklahoma
This is a long range unknown distance and known distance match hosted by Oklahoma Tactical Shooters Assoc. There are three different Range locations that the participants will travel to each day. Participants will need 300rd of ammo for COF.Targets from 200yds to 1100 yards you will need range finders or a method of ranging targets.

Entry fees are $250 and you will recieve a T-shirt and 1 MEAL a day.
Competing against 50 other shooters for cash prizes along with a prize table

Please Email me {Travis Case} if intrested at <span style="text-decoration: underline">[email protected]</span>
or call for info at 580 334 0131. Entry fees in my hands by July 27 will guarantee your spot in the line up.
No refunds will be given, we will shoot come rain or shine.

Re: OTS Heat stoke Invitational August 27,28,and 29

yes rich.

we will start at binger ok, then vici ok. then to quinlan ok.
sorry i didnt have youre email i need your names and emails to send you guys the reg forms send them to my email and ill get them right out!!! i have you for three spots.

thanks
Travis

are you going to allow people to set up a benchrest rig and take as long as they need to get ready to shoot or is it being shot off bipods?

Sorry guys this <span style="text-decoration: underline">IS NOT A BENCHREST MATCH IF YOU CANT RUN WITH IT AND BE READY TO SHOOT IN UNDER A MINUTE DONT BRING IT</span>.

This is a tactical long rang match. And most of the stages this year will be under strick time limits and has to be to get 300rds shot in 3days. and the limits of caliber are 22cal to 300 win mag max.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tac driver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry guys this <span style="text-decoration: underline">IS NOT A BENCHREST MATCH IF YOU CANT RUN WITH IT AND BE READY TO SHOOT IN UNDER A MINUTE DONT BRING IT</span>.

This is a tactical long rang match. And most of the stages this year will be under strick time limits and has to be to get 300rds shot in 3days. and the limits of caliber are 22cal to 300 win mag max. </div></div>

Good, i hate the comps where guys can bring a benchrest rifle and shoot with the guys that are using bipods.

how many shooters doyou have entered in thhis match i understand there is a 50 person cap.

36 shooters have sent in there money so you better hurry sqeezer I dont want you left out. Im doing my part on the prizes.

Is it a sanctioned match and do you mind if pro shooters come to shoot or is it anyone welcome sort of deal? And can you make me a target that looks like a mountain goat so I don't get home sick while I am in the flat land?

Dear Squeeezer,
Anyone that sends me there money, pro shooter or average joe is welcome to my 200yd to 1100yd, steel dong, 1 to 2moa long range tactical match is more than welcome!! As far as the Goats go, would you prefer them with there head in the fence or tied to a post, please let me know asap..

Sincerly,
Travis Case

well travis case as far as the goat goes it is what ever you kids in oklahoma prefer is fine with me i am under the understanding that if his head is in the fence it is easier to handle. But i have heard you like them tide to the post because of the mobility factor and it makes you feel like more of a man when they start to squeal!!!!! Have a nice day Travis Case. BTW where can i send my money to you at since you did not send it in your last reply.

OTS
5005 oklahoma ave
Woodward,OK 73801

i can send you an entry form if you would give me a email address

Not real sure but I would say If you make your living shooting you would be a "Pro"

Re: OTS Heat stoke Invitational August 27,28,an

I would define a pro as someone who shoots for a mfg. Like Jessie abbate for s&w. I doubt that is all they do. Probabably wouldn't pay the bills. Obviously that is an extreme example. She probably gets more than most.

Webster defines a professional as one who participates in an activity or field of endeavor ,for gain or livlehood, that is often engaged in by amateurs. I consider myself to be in the latter catagory. My question was to simply imply as to what kind of competition one might expect to find at this event. i in no way am at the caliber to be a "pro" you can ask anyone who has ever shot with me! Unless however this is a sling shot match in which case I am a bad man!!!!!!!!
Hey Travis what does OTS stand for???
Have a nice day Travis Case

There will be some top notch competition there. Wouldn't suprise me if Tubb and a few of his guys are there. There are also a lot of really good shooters in this area. Anyone who wants to do well better bring their A game. A top 10 finish will be a good accomplishment.

Thank you, that was what i was wondering about. i am a believer that if youalways com[ete against the average joe you will only strive to become slightly better than average, but if you can compete against the best the sky is the limit on the level you will want to achieve.

What happened to Travis I have been triing to think of some more questions for him but have not had any luck so far. Hope he is not upset with me sometimes my curiosity gets the best of me. Have a nice day Travis Case

Im sure Travis is very busy rounding up prizes and planning us a great match. For all you guys that have never done it I challenge you to find some land and put one on yourself. You will never understand what all is involved until you do.

Thanks Travis, Matt and everyone else that is working on this I know its going to be great.

OTS stands for Oklahoma Tactical Shooters

Thanks Bj for the compliment we try to make each match better than the previous one to challenge everybody. Since we have started <span style="text-decoration: underline">Oklahoma Tactical Shooters Assoc</span>. We will have more help to hopefully throw some tougher COF at you. Although there maybe [hint] some new stuff at this one that i think youll find intersting thanks to some new friends in NorCal.
Squeezer I emailed you an entry form last Thursday to the email address in your profile i hope you got it sent this way i only have 5 spots left!!!! Besides that, i built you special tagets, we now have a course of fire, with goat shaped targets.

Hello Travis i was wondering are they mt. goats, big horns, or stones. and do they make that special sound when you hit em you know the one I am talking about. I don't know if i will shoot or not but i will be there at least one of those days and I have a special gift for you as well since yo made something for me I felt it a needed thing to get you something from me. I really am happy you kept me in mind when you set your shoot, thank you! is there going to be a sling shot course? But i got to go my hampster needs some attention! Have a nice day Travis Case.

Headwaters i wanted to ask the very same question but figured Mr. Travis would get mad at me glad to see you got your iron balls on.

Travis, sounds like you are going to have a hell of a good match and i bet you can get 4 more guys to shoot. i mean hell you even got sheep shaped targets to shoot at who in there right mind can resist that!!!! Have a nice day Travis Case

I went to Travis's comp this spring...tough COF. Lots of variety and plenty of competition. Beanland cleaned up...for sure bring your A game if you want to compete.

Otherwise, come and have a good time. They are really patient with novice competitors. This was my first match and they treated even me well. If there is any way for you to come, do. This will be a good time regardless.

Hope to see you there.

Chilo

I agree with what Chilo said. I shot one day of the spring match to hopefully learn something. Travis and all the guys are great to help us less experienced shooters. If you any of you guys are out there saying the entry is to high, its three days, its to hot whatever pay up and come shoot. The only way you will ever learn is to get off the computer and get in the field and shoot.

I can't wait till the 27th
Its going to be fun goats and all

Hell it will be worth the money just to shoot the goats alone!!! For those who have not shot any of these matches you may be underthe wrong understanding about the people you will meet at them. These guys and girls are very helpfull and it is a very laid back enviroment. Even the guys that make there living with a gun will do or answer any questions you can ask even if you think it is stupid. hell even the big name guys started somewhere. it is well worth the money just for the knowledge you will gain from pulling the trigger and watching the other shooters.

oh ya i forgot to tell Travis Case to have a nice day and thanks for putting in the time to show us all what is sure to be an awesome shoot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To the few holding out,

I have all the prizes ready, courses almost done, last day i'm taking entrys is August 18th 2010. This match will be intresting. A perfect score will be 1750 pts. I will have directions emailed out on the 19th to the first range in Binger Ok. I hope that all goes well and may the best shot win.

HERE WE GO THE THE SQUADS FOR THE HEATSROKE ARE AS POSTED IF YOURE NAME IS NOT HERE I DID NOT RECEIVE YOURE MONEY.

ALPHA SQUAD

1 ALLEN, LYNN
2 PROVINCE, SHAE
3 MORRIS, DEAN
4 HERMAN, SHANE
5 BOYD, ZACK
6 CLARK, EDDIE
7 TOLLES, KEITH
8 PATRICK, CALEB
9 VANZEE, TANNER
10 PRITCHETT, WADE
11 ERNST, DALTON
12 CARR, MARK
13 ROBERTS, ADAM
14 SOMMERS, JOHN
15 FEILDS, TODD
16 MANNERS, TOMM
17 BURROWS, BEN
18 COLE, CHRIS AKA SQUEEZER
19 REEVES, RICK

BRAVO SQUAD
1 PRITCHETT, PRESTON
2 TYLER, PROVINCE
3 JOHNSON, DONALD
4 MCALARY, SHANE
5 JENSEN, RICK
6 MANNERS, SPONSOR SPOT
7 YODER, SID
8 PENRY, REX
9 KERRIGAN, MICHAEL
10 GORDON, BRUCE
11 BEAUCHAMP, GREG
12 THOMSEN, RYAN
13 BROWN, JIM PAUL
14 BRIGGS, CLINT
15 SHIREMAN, JUSTIN
16 NEWMAN, JERRY
17 BAILEY, BJ
18 FOLEY, JACK
19 LUCKETT, MIKE AKA DEAD EYE
I WILL SEND DIRECTIONS TO YOURE EMAILS. WE HAVE COME UP WITH 25,000 DOLLARS IN PRIZES AND DONATIONS SO BE PREPARED TO HAVE A GOOD TIME

TRAVIS CASE
PRESIDENT OTS

FIRST PLACE IS 4000$ AND A NIGHTFORCE 2.5X 10 X 32 NPR2 ZERO STOP

Re: OTS Heat stoke OPEN August 27,28,and 29

Yes, VERY early tomorrow morning.

I don't know where you are getting the "we". I've seen you shoot and you may need that many but I don't plan on missing that much.

just curious to see how many yall had left??????
match was awesome proud to be the president of OTS, <span style="color: #CC0000">a very big thanks to the many people that help me make this happen </span>hope that everyone had a good time and make it home safely will have results and equip list tommorow.

TRAVIS CASE/ OKLAHOMA TACTICAL SHOOTERS ASSOC.

<span style="font-weight: bold">P.S. A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO THE SPONSORS WHO SUPORTED US!!
WILL HAVE A LIST OF SPONSORS TOO..</span>

Travis,
Thank you for all the hard work that went into this match. You and your crew took very good care of the competitors, water was brought around to the stages, we were well fed, and the spotters did a good job on calling hits, and nice prize table.
Probably some of the most challenging conditions to shoot in I've had to deal with, 20 mph full value wind really screws with 6mm bullets. Tested everyone's equipment and skills to the fullest.
I came away from the match a better shooter than I was before.
Congrats to the top guys, you earned it!

Thanks for a fun weekend.

Keith

This match was real impressive.
Glad that I attended and got to participate.
Well run.
Challenging.
Interesting.
My brain is still a bit fuzzy from shooting for three days and then driving back home but I would like to thank all the people who put forth the time and effort to set up the match.
Also, thanks to the sponsors who donated for a really impressive prize table.

From the perspective of a real world type precision shooting match, the setting was as real world as it gets.
Drive way out in the sticks till the road gives out then shoot from ridges at targets out to 1100 yards.
By the end of the last day I was putting a 20 mph wind correction on my scope and still missing cause I had not put on enough wind on coyote sized targets between 500 and 1100 yards.

Hope to see everybody next time round.

Bruce