• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Otter box for I-Phone...F'n rant

Cheese

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2006
CONUS
Gent's I usually don't do this......at all.
However in this case I will make an exception.
Not long ago I had a very good I-Phone cover with belt holster from Contour get broken while up in Chicago. My fault, hard use.
I went to get a replacement and all they had was Otter Box covers with belt holsters.
Being as I have a few Otter Box items I spent the $sixty ish dollars for one.
This thing has turned out to be a complete piece of shit.
Allow me to be more specific. It stays in the "open" position if bumped thereby not clamping on your belt. A little feature usually reserved to prop up the phone like it's on an easel however it just does it all the friggin time.
Second, the phone easily spins about on its locking axis with the slightest of movement. Very annoying.
Third the holster barely, and I do mean barely holds the phone in place.
I have had my phone fall off my belt on several occasions.
I hope the people at Otter Box get this shit straightened out.
Pathetic to say the least.

I will say that I have just purchased another Contour cover with belt holster. It is a great piece of kit that really holds the phone securely in place and is very user friendly.

Sorry for the rant and or repeated thread.

Re: Otter box for I-Phone...F'n rant

Call them and they will get a replacement out to you ASAP. They know about the issue and have replacements with the correct fix.

Re: Otter box for I-Phone...F'n rant

Contact Otter-Box and they will replace it free.The new one works Great.