• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Otto/NoizeBarrier's outstanding customer service.

Jefe's Dope

Red Forman
Minuteman
  • Dec 20, 2017
    I always recommend Otto's NoizeBarrier earpro when the subject is posted/asked. I want to share my positive experience with everyone about my out of warranty customer service experience.

I apparently left one of my units in the on position when replacing them in the charging box after a day of load testing at my indoor range. When I went to use them a few weeks later I found one unit and the charging box completely dead. The other unit was fully charged. I recharged the storage box but the discharged unit wouldn't recharge. I was a bit dismayed as these are not cheap and I assumed I was out of warranty as I've had them for just at two years. Stated warranty is one year.

I reached out to Otto for advice and hopefully a repair. I emailed them on a Saturday and received a return email early the following Monday from CS. They asked for the units' date code, which is found on the individual units. They then sent me a prepaid shipping label via email by that Friday and requested I send in the entire package after I responded to the request for the unit's date code. I sent the units/kit via FedEx the following Monday or Tuesday which they received that Friday and had brand new units/charging case to me today, Wednesday.

I can say that you can buy with confidence when dealing with Otto. I can't promise nor should you expect to get out of warranty service, but based on my experience, I wouldn't hesitate to ask. The product and after purchase service has been outstanding in my experience.

I purchased noizebarriers a about a year and a half ago. About 6 months into using them I noticed one unit would die 2x as fast as other unit. This annoyed me that I couldn't finish a match without one dying.
    Sent the both units and charging box off to Otto. They replaced the whole thing brand new. And fast. Couldn't be more thrilled with their customer service.

I purchased noizebarriers a about a year and a half ago. About 6 months into using them I noticed one unit would die 2x as fast as other unit. This annoyed me that I couldn't finish a match without one dying.
    Sent the both units and charging box off to Otto. They replaced the whole thing brand new. And fast. Couldn't be more thrilled with their customer service.
    Great to hear that I'm not a one off.

Also, normally my units last a very long time, so that is unusual that you couldn't get through a match. One of the many reasons I recommend them is the extremely long use time per charge. Normally.

I love my Otto Noizebarriers. I've had mine for more than a year and I use them every weekend without a problem. One of the cool features is that they have 2 levels of sound attenuation, and I tend to use the 2nd level with the most attenuation since I have hearing loss in both ears and I can't afford to lose any more hearing. They're comfortable and they work superbly! As many shooters have done, I've replaced my foam earphone tips with the Comply Professional Noise Isolating Earphone Tips I got on Amazon. They work really well!

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
    I love my Otto Noizebarriers. I've had mine for more than a year and I use them every weekend without a problem. One of the cool features is that they have 2 levels of sound attenuation, and I tend to use the 2nd level with the most attenuation since I have hearing loss in both ears and I can't afford to lose any more hearing. They're comfortable and they work superbly! As many shooters have done, I've replaced my foam earphone tips with the Comply Professional Noise Isolating Earphone Tips I got on Amazon. They work really well!
    Finally decided to try these on your recommendation. First impressions are very good. I was going to go with the Peltor Screw Tips at first but these were cheaper and have great reviews.(y)

Reactions: RedRockCharlie
    Finally decided to try these on your recommendation. First impressions are very good. I was going to go with the Peltor Screw Tips at first but these were cheaper and have great reviews.(y)
    Glad to "hear" this. I have worn mine for hours at the range and really like them. Clean the tips with a moist paper towel once in a while. I always have sanitizer wipes handy so I'll simply wipe them down with a wipe to get the oils and ear wax off.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
    This is a fairly common issue. While the CS has been great the 3 times mine have been replaced, I've only been getting about one season of use
    per pair. When they crap out next time, I doubt I'll get them replaced, and go with something else.