• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ouch! Sucked into….

E175. The news photo showed a high-tail mount engine… made me wonder how they could happen.

But this is an E175. Low slung for sure.

07B1C270-9B74-4C6C-BC0F-195D3E27225E.jpeg

Baggage handlers aren’t your everyday FOD… but there ya go!

His 2023 started poorly…

Sirhr

There are pictures that can be easily found online which shows the aftermath of a mechanic being ingested into a Continental Airlines 737 engine while they were running the engine after maintenance while the plane was parked at the gate. Happened around 2006 or so. Gruesome shit. Passengers awaiting to board saw it too through the terminal windows. Probably fucked up some people's heads.

Reactions: Bender
And a little follow-up. American Airlines was fined $15k over the inciden.

Which is utter BS. If you read the report, everyone was briefed not to approach the plane until it was shut down. They had to keep one engine running because the APU was inoperable. There WAS a briefing. She ignored it. Not AA's fault.

R.I.P. to any underpaid, overworked mechanic or serviceman that inadvertently suffered that fate.

There's too many in government that deserved it.

Reactions: myronman3
From the article "Unifi Aviation said the incident was not caused due to safety violations." ummmm yes, yes it was. Whoever this was walked into the cone of suckage and fafo'd. Either they were not properly trained or had their head up their ass.

Reactions: DocRDS
Those engines are so small and quiet I'm not surprised this happened.

• Haha
Reactions: Pbgt
Might also be an age thing. I doubt many people in the millennial and gen-z cohorts really comprehend the physics involved. At least it would help bolster my theory that these two groups will cede control of the planet back to the apes.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Welp I was wrong, not a safety violation.....apparently he chose the most gruesome form of suicide talk about hard core.

If it was a suicide then the individual picked an interesting way to go. Probably the fastest way out for them while giving everyone the middle finger on the way out. And maybe also trying to be immortalized by being remembered for something by more than a handful of people.

These incidents prove that the old saying “Eagles may soar but Weasels don’t get sucked into jet engines” is incorrect.