• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Our "big barrel" EFR mount

LRI

Lance Criminal
Minuteman
  • Mar 14, 2010
    Sturgis, S. Dakota
    www.longriflesinc.com
    A year or so ago I made a slimmed-down EFR mount for sporter class barrels and stocks. That went well and lately, we've had a run of folks with the bigger stuff. The Badger piece has always been plagued with "not quite big enough" for those running the really heavy contours and modifying it is near impossible due to the risk of invading the screw holes used to hold the thing together. One needs to remember that it's now close to 20 years old and while it served a purpose, things do change over time as the market (you guys) drive the boat.

So, we've tried to meet that calling while adding our own little twist. I loath guns that punctuate a teardown with a pile of screws. To try and mitigate that I made this with a lugged/hinge arrangement. Two 6-32 screws hold it together.

These photos were taken with the part literally coming off the mill and onto the stock I happened to be working on at the time. The coating we'll handle later today as we wrap this up. Don't have em on the store yet as this is basically happening in real-time.

Specs:

6061 AL
    Weight: 3.6oz.
    ID bore will accept up to a 1.200" dia barrel.
    This is designed to live inside a stock with a 1-3/4" wide showline forend width (T4's, T5's, McM A5's, etc)

Ordering info:

1614095877203.png

1614095790559.png

1614095801923.png

1614095811609.png

If this looks a little wierd its becuase the barreled action is just sitting in the stock. No guard screws to pull it level.

1614095845544.png

Last edited: