• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Our Future

Hate to answer to the big guy for that one. Long for the days when heroes were the good guys and everybody (for the most part) strove to be one. I would have had my ass beat twice for not acting. Once by my mom and again when my dad got home with epic proportions. Never happen though because I never would have allowed it. I hope that these kids find themselves in that exact situation with someone laughing while they go meet their maker.....unbelievable.

Reactions: 1J04
Am I missing something here?

Our future what.

No link, no video.

And am I supposed to believe that there is no method to punish these sick kids? That is sad. I do not wish for more laws, in any way, but that is sick. I see and hear of things like this and my hope for humanity sinks.

And am I supposed to believe that there is no method to punish these sick kids? That is sad. I do not wish for more laws, in any way, but that is sick. I see and hear of things like this and my hope for humanity sinks.
legally probably not...unfortunatelly

....but rest assured if i found out my kid did that.....they wouldnt be walking for a while.......little fuck would be beat to within an inch of his life.

ide make him dig that poor guys grave by hand.....when he starts to bitch, just tell him "see, wouldnt it have been a lot easier to save the guy?"

Let the weak die before procreating... Purge... thin the herd...

We’ve heard and said it and worse here. Maybe we were right and maybe we were wrong. It is sad and disturbing.

If that were a black man and white teens the fuckin world would burn , every MSN outlet would play that ahit day and night until the white teens were properly outed ( even though juveniles aren't supposws to be by law ) their parenta ruined , and someone payed a multi million dollar settlement " Fo makin ut burn yo shit down ".

Though the link would be to idiocracy. Cause that mixed with 1984 isn't just the future, we are living it.

In WA they could have been. Here it's illegal to watch someone in distress and not call 911. You MUST call 911 at a minimum, you aren't required to do anything else because they can sue you (say you pull 'em from a burning car, their neck was broke now they're paralyzed, almost dead from heat stroke, you start IV but they get infection later, etc.). But I generally let someone else call, I stop and render whatever aid I can within reason.

Now, have any of you ever taken lifeguard classes?

Just asking, because while I think the video was indeed fucked up, had one of them went without knowing how to deal with a freaking out drowning person, they both could have died (and from the sounds of them I doubt they knew much between the five of 'em). What happens is when they can't swim, they think you're gonna hold 'em both up. They grab on, now you can't swim and they take you both down.

It's easiest, if they aren't cooperative, to either knock 'em out cold, wait until they're so weak they almost die or actually go under, THEN provide aid. You can always resuscitate them on shore. Especially if they're not in control and you are a weak swimmer or of weak build. Of course this shit was never shown on Baywatch, not that any of us would've noticed. But in practice, yeah, it's how it's done, seen it but never had to do it.

Need to find out who they were because the only thing missing from this, the only justice possible, would be for this to follow them around for the rest of their lives. When they go to get a job or join the military or whatever, one of the things that happens now is a general search. Even their co-workers could do it. New friends. Girls they meet. They'd never get laid by a decent girl, ever. Anyone with the computer skills on a justice kick should give 'em their scarlet letter.

Sounds like you either took the classes or read the older books that actually explained the realities of trying to help a drowning person.

Reactions: jungle45
In WA they could have been. Here it's illegal to watch someone in distress and not call 911. You MUST call 911 at a minimum, you aren't required to do anything else because they can sue you (say you pull 'em from a burning car, their neck was broke now they're paralyzed, almost dead from heat stroke, you start IV but they get infection later, etc.). But I generally let someone else call, I stop and render whatever aid I can within reason.

Just asking, because while I think the video was indeed fucked up, had one of them went without knowing how to deal with a freaking out drowning person, they both could have died (and from the sounds of them I doubt they knew much between the five of 'em). What happens is when they can't swim, they think you're gonna hold 'em both up. They grab on, now you can't swim and they take you both down.

It's easiest, if they aren't cooperative, to either knock 'em out cold, wait until they're so weak they almost die or actually go under, THEN provide aid. You can always resuscitate them on shore. Especially if they're not in control and you are a weak swimmer or of weak build. Of course this shit was never shown on Baywatch, not that any of us would've noticed. But in practice, yeah, it's how it's done, seen it but never had to do it.

Need to find out who they were because the only thing missing from this, the only justice possible, would be for this to follow them around for the rest of their lives. When they go to get a job or join the military or whatever, one of the things that happens now is a general search. Even their co-workers could do it. New friends. Girls they meet. They'd never get laid by a decent girl, ever. Anyone with the computer skills on a justice kick should give 'em their scarlet letter.
I lifeguarded. Fortunately never had to save anyone but as I remember if they get hands on you, just sink. Thats the last thing they will want to do and let go. Best to stay away, throw a towel, rope, or in necessary, knock em out. Row, throw, go.

Hate to answer to the big guy for that one. Long for the days when heroes were the good guys and everybody (for the most part) strove to be one. I would have had my ass beat twice for not acting. Once by my mom and again when my dad got home with epic proportions. Never happen though because I never would have allowed it. I hope that these kids find themselves in that exact situation with someone laughing while they go meet their maker.....unbelievable.
In early Greece (before Democracy destroyed them) the culture was so dedicated to heros and heroics it permeated every aspect of society. The attitude of competition and being the best you could possibly be went from Generals right down to the garbage collectors in equal fervor and strength. Even the potters of the time signed their work with quips about their competitors.

How else could Alexander, from the backwater of Macedon, take an army of 30,000 and conquer the known world.

Reactions: TripleBull
Weren't the kids in that vid stoned or drunk off their asses while the drowning was happening? Anyways, legally there's no laws that state you have to help someone in peril. Say for instance you walk by a house that's on fire and you hear a kid trapped on the 2nd floor calling for help, you legally don't have a duty to save them and put your own life on the line. We can discuss morals all we want, but I'm simply talking about the legality of not helping someone in peril.

And then there's the subject of not stopping someone from committing suicide. This law I know quite well due to the fact I've watched people live stream their suicides. The law clearly states that you are not responsible for someone's suicide by simply watching it happen and not doing anything to stop it. You can only be charged with a crime if you in anyway assist the suicide. But simply watching it happen and not doing anything, is perfectly legal.

I'm sure I'm coming off as a heartless soulless asshole right now, but I'm just speaking from a legal standpoint and not moral. And speaking of death, which moderator was the one who killed my awesome Lil Slugger signature? ;)

Last edited:
In early Greece (before Democracy destroyed them) the culture was so dedicated to heros and heroics it permeated every aspect of society. The attitude of competition and being the best you could possibly be went from Generals right down to the garbage collectors in equal fervor and strength. Even the potters of the time signed their work with quips about their competitors.

How else could Alexander, from the backwater of Macedon, take an army of 30,000 and conquer the known world.

Indeed!? Now we have Bruce Jenner lauded as someone with courage?

Maritime law requires the rendering of aid to individuals in distress where its possible to do so without posing risk to the assisting vessel and/or crew. It also carries criminal penalties (financial and/or incarceration) for failing to do so where it can be demonstrated that reasonable assistance was withheld.

No reason the same shouldn’t be applied to activities on shore...at a minimum, these days most everyone has a mobile phone from which they can dial 911 or whatever the local emergency services number is.

Reactions: RNWRKNP
I lifeguarded. Fortunately never had to save anyone but as I remember if they get hands on you, just sink. Thats the last thing they will want to do and let go. Best to stay away, throw a towel, rope, or in necessary, knock em out. Row, throw, go.
Yes, drop under water while pushing the victim’s arms up over your head if wrapped and swim away underwater. Also pushing the victims head underwater while pushing away. A strike to the bridge of their nose does a lot to aid in release as a last resort...not saying you have at attempt to break it. Agree keeping something between the victim and rescuer best way to control the situation, but a struggling victim won’t always have the presence of mind to grab on, unfortunately.

True.... but Im pretty sure 5 healthy young adults could have managed to rescue this guy without too much risk to themselves.....

At the very least they could have called 911 and said “ this guys drowning yo”...., literally a 30 second phone call could have saved the guy....maybe 911 could have sent someone who wasn’t a raging pussy

Watched part of the video again to make sure I hadn’t missed something that might qualify as a defense and had to shut it off (so apologies if I missed the hero diving in). Fucking repugnant that anyone can be laughing, much less filming, when someone is asking for help and do nothing. I don’t care what creed, color or sexual preference you are...to just sit back and literally tell someone to die is so fucked up. Sickening and saddening how little humanity seems to left, even for just a few, these days.

Rot in hell after swinging from a tree.

Reactions: RNWRKNP
....but rest assured if i found out my kid did that.....they wouldnt be walking for a while.......little fuck would be beat to within an inch of his life.

That's the crux - a kid you'd raise wouldn't behave this way. Your kids and my kids would risk their own life to save a person in peril.

This says as much about the parents of these punks as it does about the actual event.

Last edited:
Hard to know all that went on. I did not listen to audio. Might have shed some light on it?

I wonder how he got in pond. If the guy was drunk or drugging that could change the picture.
I’m not going in to rescue a face eating angel dust user.