• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Out of the loop: Lapua vs Alpha vs Peterson 2023 opinions.

D̷e̷v̷i̷l̷D̷o̷c̷A̷Z̷

Banned x2 🤪
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2014
Yuma, AZ
I figure enough time has passed and jury is out on Peterson and Alpha brass.

Curious to know your experiences and if there is an edge to one over another.

I’ve got experience with Lapua among others, but zero experience with Alpha or Peterson.

Thanks fellows.

I have all three and can't complain about any. I'd say buy whatever is in stock.
I’ve got a buddy getting out of a caliber. He’s offered me my choice of the three. I was leaning towards Lapua just so I don’t have to tweak the load.

Unless the others surpassed Lapua.

Looks like I’ll stay w ol reliable.

Thanks!

Reactions: RTH1800
And... if your chosen caliber is not being made for a while by Lapua, you may be forced to try the others.
I have used lapua brass in several calibers, and have been happy with the results and longevity. Am currently using Alpha
brass in a 6 creedmoor, but only 3 loads so far on the cases. I have no experience with Peterson Brass.

Last edited:
The shop I shoot fclass for tested Peterson against Lapua and concluded the Peterson was more consistent in weight consistency from the box. Less dented case mouths etc

Personally I run Lapua. It’s my go to for everything and have not been disappointed. But I’d run Peterson as a second choice given Lapua wasn’t available

Im not a fan of peterson when compared to laupa and alpha but I also wont bad talk it because its still better than most everything else out there.

What cartridge?

I've heard reports of the newer alpha brass giving issues in the 6BRA on accurateshooter.

Reactions: Tperry
Don't forget to consider longevity. Lapua brass is tough. Not sure about the others. Could be just as good.