• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Out with the old and in with the new.

Papagrizzly

USA F-Open Rifle Team
Minuteman
I decided on changing out the gearhead manual lathe in my CNC lab at work and stuck in a new South Bend EVS lathe. These lathes do not get much use, but are nice to have for quick projects that I need to do during business hours. My lathes at home get more use.

There is also a good size CNC Mill with a 12 position ATC and a CNC lathe in this lab.

I will be selling the 15 x50 Toolroom lathe that came out. It is in VERY good condition and has everything including a US made quick change tool post with several tool holders. Will advertise it in the For Sale section soon.

THE "OLD":

2qukcxj.jpg

23w9m3q.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">
THE NEW:</span>

34fk5rp.jpg

6tmud2.jpg

And while we were at it, stuck in a manual mill as well.

2na7nd0.jpg

Re: Out with the old and in with the new.

I want one of your "magic brooms" that with the wave of a bristle makes all the dirt, funk, and grime disappear.

Nice stuff boss man!

C.

Holy Crap...Really....I am the winner of what is in pic number 1???

I tain't never won nothing in my life but this is what I always dreamed of!!!!

I would like to thank PapaGrizzly, My Mother, everyone else that has supported me in this dream of mine of being a real gunsmith....and.....and.....damn I am just speechless!!!
wink.gif

Sorry, I started drooling, then my brain runs low on Oxy when my mouth is drooped open very long...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDWhirlwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry, I started drooling, then my brain runs low on Oxy when my mouth is drooped open very long... </div></div>

Hahahaha - that's funny!

From a mechanic's standpoint,all i can say is, WOW! nice machinery. makes my little mill look like a friggin toy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Guy Montag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope you got a good deal Papa!!

Congrats on the new additions, very nice. </div></div>
Better deal than anyone else would ever get. I believe he owns the companies, hear he is a heck of a guy also. Nice lookin setup there. Maybe you could sell chad that magic broom now.

Wow nice piece. Those SB's are an investment...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Guy Montag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope you got a good deal Papa!!

Congrats on the new additions, very nice. </div></div>

Thanks.

Yes I got one heck of a deal!!
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagrizzly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Thanks.

Yes I got one heck of a deal!!
smile.gif
</div></div>

I would be happy to give your old cast offs a good home if you want to crate them up and just ship them off to Indiana!!!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigBlue&Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what made you go with the Grizzly over the Enco?

Probably because he owns Grizzly industries. I'm a bit surprised though he went with a South Bend and not another Grizzly.

grin.gif
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RWSGunsmithing</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigBlue&Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what made you go with the Grizzly over the Enco?
grin.gif
</div></div>

Probably because he owns Grizzly industries. I'm a bit surprised though he went with a South Bend and not another Grizzly. </div></div>

They own South Bend too.

I was joking about the "deal", Papa doesn't pay retail for his own machinery! (lol)

PapaGrizz has a great company, he's equally loved in the woodworking community for the value he's brought to consumers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Guy Montag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was joking about the "deal", Papa doesn't pay retail for his own machinery! (lol)

PapaGrizz has a great company, he's equally loved in the woodworking community for the value he's brought to consumers.

</div></div>

My biggest enemy is time.

After almost 30 years here at Grizzly, I have cut the hours I work down to around 50 hrs a week. I try to sneak in a few hours a week in the CNC lab downstairs here at work. Then there is the large number of hours spent in the evenings for reloading (and its a different level of reloading than the average shooter) then business travel, then travel to shooting matches, then balancing family life, then , then......................fishing season is coming up!

Oh well, time does pass fast and I savour every moment I spend on all my machines (toys). Gotta make a dovetailed weight block for my F-Class rifle tonight at home. Date with "Millie", my mistress, as my wife calls my milling machine. Should be fun.