• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Out with the old in with the new!

vvillium3

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2010
Stevensville, MI
Hello all,

A new look at the underside of my rifle....

17bb79a2.jpg

This Atlas V8 bipod is awesome! Well worth the 2 month wait! I love how you can load it easily and is clean under the stock. Can't wait to get it a little dirty and see how it performs. I'll have to do a write up once I try it out, but I can tell already the Harris isn't going to see much more action.

Also pictured is my new Swaro rangfinder. Can you say early Christmas (not really, getting married & decided to sell my 04' M3 to pay for it all. decided to treat myself a little for saying goodbye to my car)? Really nice, but as well haven't had a chance to stetch it's legs. A little cold & snowy right now in Michigan.

What isn't pictured is the new Timney trigger in place of the Jewel. Disliked the shoe on the Jewel, and actually like the break of the Timney a little better. The Jewel and Harris will be hanging out together in my extra parts bin.

Thanks for viewing - reviews to come,
Jason C.

Re: Out with the old in with the new!

^sweet....i too favor timney over the others

I don't see all the hype about the Atlas. To me it's kind of wobbly and takes a lot more forward movement before it locks up when loading, but that's just me. There are a few things I do like better about it than the Harris. Although for more than twice the cost of the Harris, I'm a little under whelmed but it's growing on me the more I use it.

I will look into the Timney. I have a Surgeon with a Remington trigger and I would like a lighter pull but I don't like what I hear about the Jewels getting dirty.

The thing that annoys me about the atlas is that I have to put a rail on my stock to use it. But I am coming up with a solution for that. Just got to get home to the welder/dremel

Jason C, Sweet stick! Thanks for sharing!

Headgear, is your Atlas a V7 or V8?

Bevan, both GG&G and CCA make a sling stud to rail adapter, I won't try to explain my thinking on rail only but am glad to see it becoming a bit more accepted than at first. I'll be interested in seeing your solution.

Jasson, Congrats on getting hitched and welcome to the "why didnt I buy this along time ago" club.

You will really like the Swaro too I have had mine read out to 1992 yards.

You sold an M3 to get married...

Something about that seems backwards.

Thank you all for your kind words so far.

Captain, great club to be in! Plus it sure beats my 300 ft. measuring tape I had been using prior!

Headgear, another reason why I switched out the Jewel. It had already broke on me once where the tension spring sprung out of place (great customer service to get it fixed though!). Can't live with it being unrealiable, plus the feel wasn't there for me.

Bevan, was a little nervous drilling into my stock as well. No regrets now since I didn't screw up!

Thanks Again,
Jason