• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Outdoor Shooting Range Question

JHenckel

Private
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2011
Texas
Back home in Maryland we have these free outdoor shooting ranges common in the Appalachians usually located in state parks and similar areas, these ranges usually just have a few benches and ranged berms, no owner, no membership, no fees, just a hole in the woods where people can go and shoot. Since Ive been stationed in Texas Ive been using the standard pay for this pay for that type of range and honestly they suck, they arent any fun, I can rapid fire my guns, I cant shoot certain calibers, cant shoot at long distance etc etc...My question is do free outdoor ranges exist in central Texas??? Google isnt helping out at all on this one either, which is why Im beginning to think this might just be an east coast kind of thing...I would greatly appreciate it if someone can steer me in the right direction, thanks guys!

Re: Outdoor Shooting Range Question

check the forest services for texas. even the fish and game website should have regulations on where to shoot.. such as BLM, public lands and national forests.