• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Outshot the lawdogs today!

noahmercy

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 7, 2010
Sheridan, Wyoming
We had wonderful weather for our ninth annual cops vs. cowboys shoot to benefit the local 4H shooting program- mid 50s with lots of sun and only a little wind. Turnout was great for our little club; 27 shooters gathered to test their mettle against our metal. The 4Hers brought coffee and doughnuts for a morning snack and some great homemade chili and cookies for lunch. They provided a couple young, flexible members to shag brass, which was great since most of us old farts can't bend over as good as we used to. After each shooter sent a couple pounds of lead downrange, the scores of the top five shooters from each group were totaled and the Powder River Justice Committee came out ahead.

The Johnson County LEOs posted a strong showing and came in only 113 seconds behind us, with the plate shooters 101 seconds behind them. Our state NRA rep showed up and shot a couple stages with us and donated some knives so we were actually able to provide prizes to the top 10 overall shooters, which was really nice.

I'm proud to say I didn't embarrass myself...I actually came in second overall, fifteen seconds behind my uncle who's been shooting longer than I've been alive. My wife, who shoots under the alias Angel O. Mercy came in 12th overall (just a couple seconds behind #11). We raised over $400 for the Johnson County 4H shooting program and had a great time doing it. The smiles on the faces of the participants were broad and plentiful.

I know CAS stuff is not the most popular here on the Hide, but I hope any of the LEOs on here that read this will consider a similar arrangement with a local cowboy or IDPA club for raising funds for deserving groups or individuals. With the economy in a funk, many programs are suffering and these kinds of competitions can be lifesavers. They can also prove to be valuable training aids and can sometimes be budgeted as such.

Have a great evening, all!
grin.gif