• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Outstanding cardio option

Andrew Blubaugh

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 4, 2003
Ohio
At the ripe old age of 34 my body is starting to break down. I am starting to experience more "bad" pain from years of abuse and some poor training methods. A few weeks ago I came upon an article that suggested other forms of cardio versus a strict long distance regime.

Take a look at the article, specifically "9 innings of Sprints". It is an ass kicker and at least for me a bit easier on the body.

http://www.oneresult.com/articles/training/better-forms-cardio

Re: Outstanding cardio option

Sprints are great. Also, try an econo-prowler for a love hate puke and back to love cardio workout.

Sprints are great for burning fat and for training to be fast, obviously (train slow, be slow) But I don't necessarily view cardio workouts and fat burning workouts to be the same thing. Although with interval training, they certainly can be.

Great read, I have been looking for a good sprinting routine to through in with my couple mile runs.

Thanks for posting this!

-Chris

**Edit**
Used this method for my workout tonight. Mentally, it is not as challenging as a long run. Physically, it's a killer. Anyone that enjoys working out should give this a try.

muscles move the heart, not the other way around! Cooper has even retracted the notion of "cardio" as he originally construed it back in the 70's. Steady-state activity does "NOT" burn fat; high intensity sprints do NOT burn fat. A high, good, saturated fat, lo-mod protein and minimal carb diet does reduce body fat, especially by reducing visceral adipose tissue, i.e., belly fat, i.e., if your standing over a piss tube and you can't see your dick, you've got visceral adipose tissue abnormality. You can run a 100 miles a week, and you won't lose it, especially if you're over the age of 50. So pay attention to cowboy-bravo!!
smile.gif