• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Overgassed with 762-SDN-6 on 5.56?

RFtinkerer

Private
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2010
Stupid question, probably. I know I will be overgassed if I shoot a typical 5.56 AR-15 non-adjustable gas block with my 762-SDN-6, but will it be too bad? I'm thinking the overbore would help with this? I guess I will replace the gas block with an adjustable eventually, but right now just for fun I hope I can do nothing...is that true?

Re: Overgassed with 762-SDN-6 on 5.56?

You have really only one good option, call the can maker and ask them. Wear glasses.

No, man, just go shoot. I and several friends run the N6 on everything from .22 to .308 and it is excellent. Yes, the larger bore on the .30 cal can will not affect your 5.56 rifle operation as much as a 5.56 bore can would....but you can shoot both on a normal non-adjustable rifle just fine. Worst case you drop a slightly heavier H2 or H3 buffer in it to slow them down a bit, but I've never had a problem with any of mine. You'll be fine.

I shoot my KAC SR-15 with a TBAC 30-BA.... no issues to date. if your trying to save brass, try a Tubb cws. it worked as advertise in my LMT MWS and my KAC.

it's cheap too ($60-75).

Sweet, thanks for the advice guys. Going to blast away tomorrow and see if my rifle explodes.
laugh.gif

...run my 762SD on my KAC SR-15 all the time w/o issue...runs sweet..just record your poi shift as its fairly significant ...cheers!

You got that shift correct. Much worse than my 308 bolt! But the rifle didn't blow up and I had a complete blast. Including more noticeable gas in my nose, LOL, but I don't care. I rezeroed both Vortex PSTs (1-4 on the AR, 6-24 on the bolt), and am leaving them there. I will never, repeat never, shoot without my suppressor again. Heck, I can hunt with my suppressor in KS. Jeez the 308 bolt is quiet in the range, and this was indoors. Probably the only time I'll shoot my bolt in there, but ARs were firing next to me with 5.56 that sounded so much louder...my AR of course was quieter than those, but the bolt was much more impressive for sound reduction.