• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Overhead Clearance

Gmac

Private
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2017
Delaware
So I’m shooting 308 168 grain SMK @600yds. My comeups are 17 3/4 MOA which is abt 112”@600yds. Does that suggest that I need to make sure there’s 112” of overhead clearance somewhere down range? (such as overhanging tree limbs, etc)

No, your come ups are not the same thing as bullet path. Come ups are the angular relation of the bore line to the line of sight.

The bullet follows neither one.

With a 600 yard come up, your bullet will be somewhere around 30"-36" high at max ordinate depending on muzzle velocity.

To look at bullet path, change your zero range (presumably 100 yards) to the range you are shooting (600 yards in this case) and look at the bullet path in inches from there.

Better yet, look at the bullet path in the angular measurement (MOA in this case) that way you can use your reticle to measure the clearance at a given distance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: wade2big
I think JBM had max ord and distance of max ord.