• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Overkilled Coyote

Tip em over

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2008
Shepherd MT
Spring bear season opened here the 15th. Took advantage of the spring weather....finally. Been a long winter here in Montana.
Bear hunting was poor, but seen Elk, Whitetails, Mulies, Antelope and a few Turkeys.
The bonus of the day was this Coyote not paying close enough attention
grin.gif

180gr Berger via my 7mm RUM. Little sob made it close to 35 yards
laugh.gif

rifles007.jpg

rifles012-2.jpg

25 feet away, walked up to this. A great day!
rifles014-1.jpg

Re: Overkilled Coyote

"Overkilled" he's dead. It only looks worse because of the snow. How far was the shot?

that antler has to get you a little excited for next fall...that's if you deer hunt in the same area.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ewoaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'm not seeing how that coyote was overkilled </div></div>
Your looking at the good side
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which Zeiss do you have on there? I like it! Nice rig!
</div></div>
It's their 4.5-14 x 50 with target turrets.
Thanks
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice job !

Do you know Brad and Lisa Strecker up there ? Or Joe Best ?

You hunting up by Roundup ? </div></div>Yup, Went out tromping around the Bulls.
I can't say I know those folks. Are they in Roundup? I'm out in the stix's, so I'm not in the loop that well.

I agree that 7mm is the MINIMUM caliber requirement to (over)kill coyotes. Nothing less will do!
100_2708.jpg

100_2711.jpg

This was the "training coyote". I took the family hunting last year and the kids spotted and I shot the coyote. They first saw it as above, were playing with it etc. and then I turned it over. I sternly told them, "THIS IS WHY YOU NEVER EVER TOUCH A GUN!!!!" The message was received loud and clear. Shot was exactly 100 yds. This coyote was nearly underkilled.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ffl medic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

100_2711.jpg

</div></div>

Thats about what mine looked like with the 7mmRM shooting 139g Interbonds at around 3400, 35yd shot.
eek.gif

FFL,

Your obviously not using a proper "Hunting bullet" I'm really not even sure how you can sleep at night. Your willingness to go out under gunned, with "target bullets" could have caused that Song Dog to suffer a prolonged horrible death.

Ahhaahaahaahaa!....Good shot bub.

-Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tip em over</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice job !

Do you know Brad and Lisa Strecker up there ? Or Joe Best ?

You hunting up by Roundup ? </div></div>Yup, Went out tromping around the Bulls.
I can't say I know those folks. Are they in Roundup? I'm out in the stix's, so I'm not in the loop that well. </div></div>

No, they live down by Shephard.... Farm/Ranch by the Yellowstone. Good people.

Good job on the coyotes. You can not over kill one unless you are trying to save hides.