• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Overpriced, but in stock, LR308 Pmags - $45 each

Re: Overpriced, but in stock, LR308 Pmags - $45 each

F that nonsense. I bought 4 mags from Midway the day it all went down for 20 bucks a piece. Wife thought i was crazy.

I will try to find more as well and post up the sites. I know my lgs has 10 of them in stock for 22.99.

Wow!! $45?!? I don't even have my 308 build started and am wishing I had bought a couple when I had the chance. FML.

$45 is steep, but there were guys here stating they had rifles built and no mags. Not saying a guy wants to buy 10 at that price, but 1 or 2 so they can shoot their rifle is probably good for them.

They currently have a little over 100 PMAGs....the vendor is going to make a little over 3k in profit...ouch!!! This is Capitalism at its finest
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pedro23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">F that nonsense. I bought 4 mags from Midway the day it all went down for 20 bucks a piece. Wife thought i was crazy.

I will try to find more as well and post up the sites. I know my lgs has 10 of them in stock for 22.99. </div></div>

If he does, I'd be interested in half of them at that price.

I will call him the day after Christmas and let him know.

I looked and these are priced at $49.99 now. Inflation is rapidly rising in todays firearm market.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thebolt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I looked and these are priced at $49.99 now. Inflation is rapidly rising in todays firearm market. </div></div>

Most likely cause they are watching them trade at $100 plus on GunBroker.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=323379092

That is rediculous. People will buy and sad to say but eventually that price will seem like a steal ....

I will back order from Brownells for regular price before I will pay $50/ea for them. That's just asinine.

Someone needs to keep a list of all the crooks out there capitalizing on people's fears and post it up once things calm down. Just seen someone list 10 pmags in a r15 auction starting at $499.99. Fucking crooks

It has been stated elsewhere. It is all supply and demand.

I hope you are right and the backorders get filled, until then, I think most are worried they won't get any at all.

Just sayin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: -2112-</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It has been stated elsewhere. It is all supply and demand.

I hope you are right and the backorders get filled, until then, I think most are worried they won't get any at all.

Just sayin </div></div>

And that statement can piss up a rope. I know I paid $52 a stripped lower the last case I bought and I sold them at a %5 markup even as this started to go down. Dealers get greedy and prey on other peoples fears and jack there prices up. Nothing stopping them from selling at reasonable pricing and when they are out they are out. Evey one with dealer pricing had orders for more as they come available. Supply and demand is an excuse to run a $52 lower into a $500 lower. Greed is the true answer

them mags is the new gold ....i dont think we see lower costs for a long time to come .....till the lesser are out of the offices of.....

As a business owner, I cant help but laugh at people thinking everything should be normal price when demand outstripps supply. Its capitalism, and if you dont like the price you dont buy. Its that simple. The price will go down when the market cant support the price. People buy stock and sell it when the price is high. I guess thats a bad thing in your book.

When I saw what was happening, I hit up the local fun shop and bought some Pmags, lower parts kits, and a Colt 6920. My best score was an M16 complete BCG. I have no intention of selling them at the point where I break even to anyone I am not related to. I havent listed them yet, but friends have found out what I have and virtually everything can be sold at a profit if I choose to right now. From what I can tell, those that complain about selling things at a profit are the ones who need to buy things. Hell, my dad has offered an open check book if I find things I can turn at a profit. Gun stuff right now is getting a better return than gold!

Now, I may be wrong, but let me take a stab at this.

From a business standpoint, I agree with what you (Super Bee 950) saying and understand your strategy. What I believe is causing most of us to feel differently is this.

Gun owners are constantly under attack from the antis. Personally, I have been fighting against them for decades. We like to think, because of this, we are a tight community. One that likes to take care of its own. Seeing the kind of price gauging currently going on is like, we have begun to feed on our own.

I may be wrong, but it's my $.02