• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Oversize recoil lug

TN-MadDog

Minuteman
Feb 6, 2009
Ooltewah, TN
I am planning to purchase a Surgeon RSR during the group buy that is starting today. One of the options is a .354" lug instead of the standard .25" lug. Other than the extra $44 is there any downside to it? Would you consider it worth the extra $$s?

I have not decided for sure what the chambering will be but it will most likely have a fairly heavy contour barrel somewhere between 22" and 25"

Thanks,

Joe

Re: Oversize recoil lug

what caliber, and i highly doubt you will be able to put enough stress on the lug to cause any problems. Thats the .25 one

With the RSR, purchase their 20moa scope rail, their .250" recoil lug and their DBM. You'll be golden and set.

Thanks for the replies. I hope to get it ordered soon.

By the way, this is part of a long term project. Probably be chambered in 260/6.5.

JM

.250 lug for sure then, thats not going to ever in a million years put enough stress on that lug to cause failure

I ordered my RSR a while ago and it came with both recoil lugs, I chose to use the thicker one just because. If I had to pay extra for the thicker one, I wouldnt! Like the others said, .250" is plenty!