• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Oversized chamber?

bmash

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 21, 2018
Zachary, LA
I had an issue with sizing my 204 Ruger brass (actually shaved some metal off the case) so I sent the die and two fired cases to Forster. They called and said they polished the feed on the die but my brass was 6 thousands over size! They stated the rifle may not be safe like this. I plan to call the barrel company on Monday, but meanwhile thoughts on safety and brass life ? I have shot it a good bit with no issues but I bet I won't get many firings from that brass!!
(Reamer drawing shows 0.3769"@0.20" from the head. Fired case measures 0.384"@0.25" from head, so about 0.007" over reamer! Sized case goes back to 0.374.)
This is not a cheap barrel! It is from a major quality company and came already chambered for an AR.. I'll save their name until after I talk with them.