• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Ozonics any good?

bullseye13

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Mar 29, 2013
    USA
    Anyone have any experience with these ozone generators? Do they actually work or are they another gimmick?

Never used an ozone generator for anything hunting related but have used them to eliminate smells from refrigerators that people left closed when they weren't powered up(fucking nasty, ruins the fridge if you don't know how to get the smell out). They work.

Reactions: bullseye13
    I don’t like to bow hunt without them. Works good in light to medium wind, not so good in mid-teen or higher wind. Have had many deer down wind that know they smell something but don’t snort and run away most of the time. My buddy runs two of them bow hunting. Worth it for sure

They work well for sure-- not sure how the new generations are but the old would EAT UP batteries so get the larger batteries if youre gonna be in a tree for awhile.

It works amazing and definitely kills odors and leaves a fresh scent.

Never used an ozone generator for anything hunting related but have used them to eliminate smells from refrigerators that people left closed when they weren't powered up(fucking nasty, ruins the fridge if you don't know how to get the smell out). They work.

I use one as well, not for hunting. Ozone works best via ozone saturation of an area, almost always of an enclosed space. More over, the effect is not immediate. Saturation does not occur in an outdoor environment.

I know folks like to cite this article as proof of effectiveness of Ozonics working. Looks really good good, except the testing methods proving it worked are completely unrealistic for use in the field. In fact, the testing method is actually unhealthy and contrary to how Ozonics says the unit should be used. They ran the unit inside of a box for a minute before the test subject go in wearing clothing that has been sealed in a plastic bag filled with ozone for a half hour. The test subject then got inside a fairly small box with the Ozonics machine running! It took longer for the dog to find the test subject than when not employing these methods. So that is proof that it worked, in an enclosed saturated space with the machine turned on. Does anybody hunt like that?

Remember, ozone is considered to be a pollutant. It can cause skin and eye irritation and can cause breathing problems, particularly when used as n the test method described above. Here is the MSDS on it...

Reactions: rookie7
    I use one as well, not for hunting. Ozone works best via ozone saturation of an area, almost always of an enclosed space. More over, the effect is not immediate. Saturation does not occur in an outdoor environment.

I know folks like to cite this article as proof of effectiveness of Ozonics working. Looks really good good, except the testing methods proving it worked are completely unrealistic for use in the field. In fact, the testing method is actually unhealthy and contrary to how Ozonics says the unit should be used. They ran the unit inside of a box for a minute before the test subject go in wearing clothing that has been sealed in a plastic bag filled with ozone for a half hour. The test subject then got inside a fairly small box with the Ozonics machine running! It took longer for the dog to find the test subject than when not employing these methods. So that is proof that it worked, in an enclosed saturated space with the machine turned on. Does anybody hunt like that?

Remember, ozone is considered to be a pollutant. It can cause skin and eye irritation and can cause breathing problems, particularly when used as n the test method described above. Here is the MSDS on it...

So the dog still found them? And a deer's nose has about 80 million more scent receptors than a dog?

Their argument was that because it took longer for the dog to find them, enough time for a person to get off a shot (I guess if you see the deer before he smells you), that Ozonics therefore works. Ozone does work, but it takes time and saturation, something they had in the unrealistic and not something you have in the field.