• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing P-doggin'...

knockemdown

suburban redneck
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2007
Got out to Wyoming past weekend to blast some p-dogs with my coyote hunting buddies. Man, what a treat to have so many targets to explode!
My bud Dave brought his hotrod .22BR out and I had a chance to get behind it. What a rifle!
Wyoming2010003.jpg

that sucker will toss a p-dog three feet at 450yds. But don't take my word for it...
Wyoming2010011.jpg

Pulled the PH off & dropped it onto my 6x45 for this trip and it didn't disappoint!
Wyoming2010016.jpg

Furthest poke was 655yds, with a bunch more in the 500+ yd range. You can see our setup on the horizon...
Wyoming2010012.jpg

Also had my DTECH .20TAC along, with a 3-15x56 NXS on it.
Wyoming2010025.jpg
The .20 TAC is some kind of p-dog killer with 39gr Blitzkings @ 3800fps, lemme tell ya. That combo took the long shot of the trip, 675yds with buddy Jim at the wheel. You can see our setup over top of his hand...
Wyoming2010031.jpg

It was a super trip with a bunch of great friends! THANKS GUYS!
and thanks for lookin'...

Re: P-doggin'...

What do you normally do with the prairie dogs? Is it "bad" to just leave em after you shoot?

Looks like you had a blast! Where did go shooting at?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Elxx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you normally do with the prairie dogs? Is it "bad" to just leave em after you shoot? </div></div>

Let 'em lay where they fall. I sure as shit wouldnt pick the nasty bastards up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Elxx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you normally do with the prairie dogs? Is it "bad" to just leave em after you shoot? </div></div>

Let 'em lay where they fall. I sure as shit wouldnt pick the nasty bastards up. </div></div>

What he said +100!!!!

Yep, they have fleas and carry the plague. No thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long range dogr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Elxx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you normally do with the prairie dogs? Is it "bad" to just leave em after you shoot? </div></div>

Let 'em lay where they fall. I sure as shit wouldnt pick the nasty bastards up. </div></div>

What he said +100!!!! </div></div>

I pile em up for pics!
ar15052.jpg

Or bag em up for dinner
grin.gif

ar15051.jpg

Just watch and the living pdogs will start to chew on the dead ones.

SWEET! Though this post is killin me! Just got to Rawlins 10 days ago for work and they are all over here! Too bad I won't have my rifle up and running for another 6 weeks or so....
frown.gif

Atleast I got good fishing to keep me busy!

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cinch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like you had a blast! Where did go shooting at? </div></div>
Thanks guys! We hit several spots up & down off the I 80 corridor, all on BLM lands...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kurt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just watch and the living pdogs will start to chew on the dead ones. </div></div>

Indeed they will, and pull the dead down the holes. Its always amazing to walk around a pdog town in the evening after its been shot to hell and back and find few dead. Come back the next day there are none. Nasty buggers..... They arent near as cute as they may look....

oh i need to go home and shoot me some p-dogs its been a while. great pics