• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mr. Z

A compact of mutual rude nature.
Minuteman
  • Feb 20, 2017
    Wisconsin
    I’ve got the itch, a whole bunch of mags, and an X5. I’m thinking I need to put together a carry gun with one of the newish custom fcu’s. Show me what you’ve done.

Here is my intended direction.
    1625796739136.jpeg

Last edited:
    Tagging in to see some. Hows the SIG direct inventory of aftermarket stuff going? The last article I saw about the FCU said they were all wound up to get aftermarket stuff in there but you know how fast this things actually go....

I said to hell with it and bought one in the PX. I’ll put an RMR and an X300 on it when it arrives and I should be all set…

Other than a holster…

I think.

1626151773323.jpeg

1626151834145.jpeg

Last edited:
    This is my current carry, besides my x300 missing the apex trigger is fantastic compared to the stock one. Theres barely any take up or over travel. It will have to do before I get the sig armorer trigger upgrade.
    01F9DE58-EBFC-4863-A3D4-B5D92E6B3ABD.jpeg

Anyone out there?

HY7N0S5.jpg

I have a Legion and I did this agency arms build. I'm really liking the agency. Great shooter.

I will likely build another in the 3.6-3.9" category. I really like PMM micro comp builds as well so that might be next.
    table-1-gun-2-2_orig.jpg

edc-xcomp-w-grip-module-upgrade_orig.jpg

I will also likely send our some grip modules to integral defense. I like some of his designs.

Screenshot2021-06-29at03-18-44IntegralDefenseGroup_LLC_integral_defense_Instagramphotosandvideos_1296x.png

sig-sauer-x5-stippling.png

Some good looking builds. I see @Mr. Z is using the Wilson combat grip. That would be my first choice. Always a fan of Wilson combats stuff

Here is most of my P320 collection. A home built Legion and three carry in 9, .40 & .45. I considered buying the custom works FCU to do a build but I found a used like new complete gun at my local shop at a good price and sold off all the parts I didn’t want. The FCU ended up costing me $100.
    1627677770433.jpeg

Reactions: 91Eunozs
    My P320 9 mm started as a X-VTAC model and now there is little left of the original situation.
    I found the beaver tail to be way too long to rapidly acquire a grip index from the holster and a sharp edge on the left slide side that was biting
    the support thumb on recoil. The slide catch would drop the magazine upon recoil with a tight two hand grip (similar problem with a Walther PPQM2). Changed to Gray Guns guide rod to adjust spring rates and found the curved trigger better to my liking on this gun. Purchased all the various Sig grip modules, found the Wilson to best fit / grip for me and it is the same style I use on their 1911's. I use a few different Safariland holsters, GLS / RDS models. It's pretty accurate using a stock barrel.
    IMG_4279 copy Factory Stock Sig P320 Problem Areas Circled.JPG
    Sig P320 Safariland RDS 6390 FDE HolsterIMG_6886 copy.jpg
    IMG_4279 copy Factory Stock Sig P320 Problem Areas Circled.JPG
    Leupold Delta Point Pro #2 FOP Range Zero with Tripod Picattiny Mount 03.08.20IMG_5012 copy.jpg
    Leupold Delta Point Pro #2 FOP Range Zero 25 Yards Tripod 10.04.20IMG_6643 copy.jpg
    Sig P320 Grip Modules with Wilson CombatIMG_4947e copy.jpg
    Sig P320 Grip Modules with Wilson CombatIMG_4951 copy.jpg
    IMG_4347 copy.JPG

^^^^^.....Just like with a rifle, I find more stability sighting in pistol optics and evaluating ammunition with more consistency.

I had to fabricate a special QD mount for the Springfield Hellcat as it has only a single slot on the rail and is not a standard configuration.
    IMG_8622Walther PDP 2nd Range Seesion Variety Ammo RRS Anvil-30 Adapter 2  03.20.21 copy.jpg
    IMG_8624Walther PDP 2nd Range Seesion Variety Ammo RRS Anvil-30 Adapter 2  03.20.21 copy.jpg
    Smith & Wesson M&P9 2.0  Apex Fit Barrel Leupold DeltaPoint Pro Target Zero 25 Yards v. Sig P3...jpg
    Smith & Wesson M&P9 2.0  Apex Fit Barrel Leupold DeltaPoint Pro Target Zero 25 Yards v. Sig P3...jpg

Springfield Armory Hellcat  Apex Trigger QD Mount Romeo Zero Sight In 11.25.20IMG_6995 copy.jpg
    Springfield Armory Hellcat Tripod QD Mount Modified Mill Photos 11.21.20IMG_6963 copy.jpg
    Springfield Armory Hellcat Tripod QD Mount Modified Mill Photos 11.21.20IMG_6972 copy.jpg
    Springfield Armory Hellcat Tripod QD Mount Modified Mill Photos 11.21.20IMG_6976 copy.jpg

Last edited:
    I like the 357SIG but want a manual safety for carry.
    An RDO is not a priority.
    Swapped uppers between a 357 Compact and a M18. Had to purchase 14rnd 357 magazines for the M18.
    M18 9mm mags will lock in the Compact.
    Easy peasy.
    Off to the range,
    Am happy!!!
    -Richard

Attachments

• AE5E7755-0F18-482E-9777-62138C3CD487.jpeg
      AE5E7755-0F18-482E-9777-62138C3CD487.jpeg
      542.4 KB · Views: 85
    I like the 357SIG but want a manual safety for carry.
    An RDO is not a priority.
    Swapped uppers between a 357 Compact and a M18. Had to purchase 14rnd 357 magazines for the M18.
    M18 9mm mags will lock in the Compact.
    Easy peasy.
    Off to the range,
    Am happy!!!
    -Richard

Find any good holsters for the Olight Mini Valkrie PL-2?

Hoping Safariland will support it, sent them a question seeking info, havent heard back yet.

No, have been carrying in a Desantis gunnysack when in Illinois.
    Illinois only allows me concealed carry while in vehicle.

• Sad
    Reactions: pmclaine
    No, have been carrying in a Desantis gunnysack when in Illinois.
    Illinois only allows me concealed carry while in vehicle.

In cases like that I am a supporter of people open carrying but realize making oneself the "spectacle" and scaring old ladies and beta males is not our personality type.

I think this might be considered conspicuous. Think they’ll buy it?🤣

Still waiting on RMR plate.

B087E6C5-7A85-40A9-B7FC-248A427CFC31.jpeg

I think this might be considered conspicuous. Think they’ll buy it?🤣

Still waiting on RMR plate.

View attachment 7679525

"Is that a P320 you have there or are you just happy to see me?"

"You will shoot your dick off!" or burn the shit out of it when your light accidentally turns on.

When I get my Chinesium Olight Ill post up a picture so you can see what the gun would look like after the Moel does his work.

"Is that a P320 you have there or are you just happy to see me?"

"You will shoot your dick off!" or burn the shit out of it when your light accidentally turns on.

When I get my Chinesium Olight Ill post up a picture so you can see what the gun would look like after the Moel does his work.
    Achi, mensch.

Reactions: pmclaine
    Anyone tried anything P320 lately that will blow our hair back?

I never got around to getting the right RMR plate, the irons present so naturally that it got put on the back burner.

I’m planning to get mine cut for a 509T in a few weeks when I get my 365 back from its 407k cut. It’s a carry setup, compact slide on full Wilson grip

I got the Wilson Combat 320 carry with the action tune and the better trigger, I also had the manual thumb safety added, then added the DPM recoil system.

I carry it with the Enigma system and have actually found that it conceals well with the 21 round mag, so when I was out grocery shopping and running around town today, that's how I carried it.

Now I don't know what I'll do with the 17rd mags, they're essentially useless, why limit yourself when she conceals great with the 21 rounder...

The DPM system made a difference, asked them how long the things last and this is what I got, makes the $90 it costs seem like nothing.
    "Our systems have been tested for more than 500.000 rounds and they were full functional after testing.
    We cover our products with life-time guarantee and in case you wish to replace the external springs we will charge you only the shipping cost to your address
    ."

I run a TLR 1 HL on it when open carrying in the chest rig or drop leg, lightless when concealing.

It's crazy how well this system conceals, this thing shoots very well, coming from a 1911 when dry firing the trigger on this stryker gun feels like shit, but when in live fire it just clicks together, makes sense and is insanely smooth, I run it much better than my 1911 and I hit better, much faster.

I run XS Big dots on it, same sight on my 500 S&W and similar to the shallow V rear and white bead front on my 458 lott, so everything's consistent.

Still thinking on a one per side magnaport job just to make this thing insanely flat shooting, thing is a beast, can't imagine that I'll ever look for a different carry gun, especially given I'm carrying 22 rounds in the gun, conceals with a tucked in shirt.. just works all around.

Send those 17s to me if you don’t want ‘em.
    I’ll pay for shipping!

My wanna-be Legion build (but better, LOL):

i-BWc3rZK-XL.jpg

And realized I don’t have a pic of it’s little brother 3.9” in FDE, but here’s a screen grab of a pic from my wife at the range with it last weekend:

Attachments

• 2F68EF9A-37DB-49F7-A3D0-A1F38BC92235.jpeg
      2F68EF9A-37DB-49F7-A3D0-A1F38BC92235.jpeg
      996.6 KB · Views: 21
    • 3FC33F9C-8763-4E8D-A783-027E0D9D403D.jpeg
      3FC33F9C-8763-4E8D-A783-027E0D9D403D.jpeg
      996.6 KB · Views: 29
    Reactions: Mr. Z