• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns P365XL trigger?

Bridges90

Private
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2017
Ashland, KY
So I’m interested in the p365XL and I recently handled a new one and was kinda let down in the trigger. Obviously I’m not expecting a competition trigger but the particular one I handled had a ton of creep after you hit the wall. For those that have one and have shot theirs a lot, does the creep clean up after a thousand or so rounds through it? Was the one I handled just a bad example? I know for a self defense gun it really doesn’t matter about the trigger when it comes time to use it but I’m simply curious if this trigger improves any. Thanks in advance!

Mines alright, not a CZ cajun or 1911 trigger by a long shot. The gun in general took me a bit to feel out and get comfortable with being first striker fired pistol and its size and weight. Once youre comfortable with it though, its hard to carry anything else.

A few people have shot mine and been disappointed specifically and exclusively by the trigger. Expected a really good trigger but got meh instead. They see a straight trigger and assume competition.

And avoid a romeo zero red dot like the plague. Just buy a 507K right off the bat and call it a day

So I’m interested in the p365XL and I recently handled a new one and was kinda let down in the trigger. Obviously I’m not expecting a competition trigger but the particular one I handled had a ton of creep after you hit the wall. For those that have one and have shot theirs a lot, does the creep clean up after a thousand or so rounds through it? Was the one I handled just a bad example? I know for a self defense gun it really doesn’t matter about the trigger when it comes time to use it but I’m simply curious if this trigger improves any. Thanks in advance!
I put a trigger kit in mine and it's really good. You have to break down the entire gun but I did it on my first try without much problem.

Also I added one of these. By FAR this is the best upgrade possible in my opinion.

Reactions: Choid
Mines alright, not a CZ cajun or 1911 trigger by a long shot. The gun in general took me a bit to feel out and get comfortable with being first striker fired pistol and its size and weight. Once youre comfortable with it though, its hard to carry anything else.

A few people have shot mine and been disappointed specifically and exclusively by the trigger. Expected a really good trigger but got meh instead. They see a straight trigger and assume competition.

And avoid a romeo zero red dot like the plague. Just buy a 507K right off the bat and call it a day
You should try that grayguns trigger and the spring kit I mentioned. Together you get a SWEET result.

I thought the XL had the grayguns trigger from the factory? Or maybe that was some of the legions...

Armory craft
No. I would disagree. I have tried Armory Craft. Their trigger for the 226 is second to none. It is by FAR the top of the heap. I have one on my 226 and I would never give it up. But when it comes to the XL their trigger is not really any different than the factory trigger.

On the other hand the Grayguns trigger I linked above is adjustable. It's the only one that I know of that has this feature. The Armory Craft ones for the XL are not adjustable. The Grayguns ones are.

Plus the shape of the Grayguns in conjunction with the adjustability of it for over travel make it the best in the market (for the XL). I've tried several triggers and this is definitely my opinion on the matter.

Armory Craft for the P226 series would get 11 stars out of 10. The Armory Craft for the XL would get maybe 5 stars out of 10.

The Grayguns trigger along with that spring kit for the XL would (all sum total used together) gets about an 8.5 to 9 stars from me.

I thought the XL had the grayguns trigger from the factory? Or maybe that was some of the legions...
Nope. The Grayguns is adjustable. I replaced mine and the springs as well and it was a massive improvement. I would not even bat an eye or have to think about it to recommend that combo for almost any XL owner.

It takes a bit of mechanical skill to install (on the XL) but once it's in it's a big improvement.

The shape of the Grayguns trigger is different. It's sort of dog leg shaped so when the trigger breaks it does so at about 90 degrees. It also allows your finger to have a place on the end of the trigger (below that subtle dog leg shape) to increase leverage and a better perceived trigger pull.

I keep using the term 'adjustable' regarding the Grayguns trigger so I figure I should explain what that means.

You can set how much over travel you have. For those that are unfamiliar with what that means, there is a particular spot where your trigger will break a shot. For many triggers they will still travel farther than the 'break the shot' position. With the Grayguns you can tighten up a little set screw that will prevent excessive over travel. If you set it say 2mm past the shot breaking point, every time that will be the max distance your trigger can travel rearward.

After that you let off the trigger for the reset and repeat.

And as I mentioned before the Grayguns has a subtle dog leg to it that the others do not have. The bottom half of the trigger face is at a different angle than the rest of the top of the trigger face. This allows for a 90 degree break and for me at least it gives my finger a set spot to go to that is repeatable. With the other triggers you can (in theory) put your finger at the top of the trigger and and it will slide down a smooth flat surface. With the Grayguns it won't. The bottom half of the trigger is at a slightly different angle than the top of the trigger. Basically it's kind of bent. It works though. I love it.

Thank you guys on all the input! I’ll definitely look into the trigger kits and trigger after I see how the gun feels once broken in.

Thank you guys on all the input! I’ll definitely look into the trigger kits and trigger after I see how the gun feels once broken in.
It will smooth out some but if you want to skip the drama just do the kit and grayguns trigger. You will save yourself some time and money by just doing it now instead of 1000 rounds from now.

It will smooth out some but if you want to skip the drama just do the kit and grayguns trigger. You will save yourself some time and money by just doing it now instead of 1000 rounds from now.
I hear that. I’ll snag em both next check then. As someone stated earlier I’m staying away from the Romeo zero like the plague. Gonna go holosun probably. Gonna watch a few reviews on the hex wasp.

Reactions: alamo5000
I hear that. I’ll snag em both next check then. As someone stated earlier I’m staying away from the Romeo zero like the plague. Gonna go holosun probably. Gonna watch a few reviews on the hex wasp.
I run the holosun 507k-x2.

I chose it over a Trijicon. It's awesome. Plus you don't need any adapter. It fits perfectly right out of the box.

I’ve been eyeing the holosun for awhile now. What holster do you recommend?
I carry appendix and I use Tier 1 Concealment. I like their stuff a lot. The spare mag carrier is awesome too. It gives the whole rig a lot of balance, which is good.

There are a ton of options in regards to holsters. It depends on how you carry and what and to a degree how often. Everyone's body type is different so what works for me might not work for you. There are quite simply a ton of factors involved in choosing a good holster.

I take it you are relatively new to carry but that's fine. I have evolved all over the place in what and how I carry. That said I highly recommend appendix if it's an option for you.

I carry appendix and I use Tier 1 Concealment. I like their stuff a lot. The spare mag carrier is awesome too. It gives the whole rig a lot of balance, which is good.

There are a ton of options in regards to holsters. It depends on how you carry and what and to a degree how often. Everyone's body type is different so what works for me might not work for you. There are quite simply a ton of factors involved in choosing a good holster.

I take it you are relatively new to carry but that's fine. I have evolved all over the place in what and how I carry. That said I highly recommend appendix if it's an option for you.
Not new but by no means a veteran. Seriously carried for only a year or so, i pissed around with the idea of it for a few years but my percentage of carry was shit. I’ve changed so much stuff over the past year or so and have really narrowed down what I like and don’t like.Used to carry 4 o’clock but hate showing my gun to everyone if you bend over. I have tried appendix and it’s comfy af when I’m standing but I have too much of a gut for it when I sit down. Been having a lot of luck with 3oclock. I narrowed it down to a single clip design. I tried a double clip design like a lot of hybrid holsters use and I couldn’t stand it. Too rigid. I think the single clip design lets the holster move when the body more than a double clip design does. It seems like I’m constantly striving to try new holsters to see if I can find something better. I’ll eventually settle in on something

I’ve got 2 XL’s and 2 standards, trigger pull is the same minus shoe profile out of the box. Two of them had a little extra creep and felt a little gritty out of the box but they both smoothed out in the first range sessions. They’re not competition triggers or 1911 triggers but for a $500 out of the box polymer striker gun the triggers are excellent. The trigger won’t be the reason you miss what you’re shouting it.

I’ve been carrying an XL almost exclusively since I first got one mid last year. The only time I carry something else is when I want something super tiny in which case I carry a regular P365 with a raven vanguard clip.