• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes P4 & P4F dimensions

GuerrillaTactical

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2008
Ft Collins
What is the width of the crosshairs in mils. Just to clarify, on the P4 the are the center crosshairs, then a gap, and then the 1 mil hash. What is the length of the crosshair lines and gap.

Re: P4 & P4F dimensions

Rob01 is a very knowledgable guy in all things S&B and can probably get you the info rather quickly.

Our technical reticle hold pages have the manufacturer's specs right on the sheet, so you don't have to drag the owner's manual into the field. That gap you mention I do not think they state, their specs sheet could use some imporvement. If Rob01 doesn't chime in, I will look and see if S&B has that info.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=185912&Number=2169198

P4F.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Or here, since i had nothing better to do than google stuff for you, all the reticles are here in the rear of the S&B manual:
http://www.schmidtbender.com/images/downloads/PMIIInstructions2006Edition.pdf </div></div>

They dont have that gap listed from what I can see. It would be good info for them to list. You could range with it and compare to other known specs and see if it is for exampe a 0.2 MIL or 0.25 MIL gap, then you would know. I don't own an S&B or I would check it... :)

Can't a guy get any sleep? LOL Tough for us east coast guys to get on in the middle of the night
wink.gif

The center portion is about .8 mils with a .2 mil gap to the first mil mark. Line width, if I remember correctly, is .035 mils for the P4F and like .07 mils for the P4. If going with the 5-25 or 3-20 I would recommend the P4F. Even with the 4-16 for precision work. Here's a pic of an 8" target at 400 yards at 25x with a P4F just to give you an idea of what the center looks like and also the reticle size on an actual target. Don't hold my crappy pic taking ability against S&B
wink.gif

P9270807.jpg

I gues their manual only shows the gap before the first mil mark on the elevation parts, not the windage marks, and doesn't specify its dimensions.

Sorry.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can't a guy get any sleep? LOL Tough for us east coast guys to get on in the middle of the night
wink.gif
</div></div>

Nice job! Sleep is overrated. It looked like 0.2 from the diagram, but they can't be assumed to be to scale. Line width is 0.035MIL on P4F according to S&B. Thats my favorite S&B reticle.

The line thickness on the P4f is a little too fine IMO, but it's liveable.

Had a few guys buy both and they have kept the P4F. Looked through Rob's a few times while he was trying to shoot my 10x and was very happy with the sight picture.
Have to say I'm a bit upset however Rob...
I thought the circle a 400 was 6" (Damn it!!!) Although the square was very fun for speed stuff. Thanks for keeping them out.
Chad

Sorry Chad. I take the 4" and 6" home with me as they are too easy to steal being on a removable board.
wink.gif

JRose-The dimensions of the crosshairs and the gap between are no where on that diagram you posted. So far, the best answer has been "about .8 and .2".

And just in case anyone out there didn't know it, the range finding feature on the bottom of the reticle is set up for mil'ing a 36 inch target. From left to right, if the 36 inch target fits between the lines, the range is 400, 600, 800 and 1000 yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: G-TAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JRose-The dimensions of the crosshairs and the gap between are no where on that diagram you posted. So far, the best answer has been "about .8 and .2". </div></div>

Yeah, I'd go by what Rob said on that. I just wanted to give what I have to the masses... LOL