• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

P80 Lower requires a background check?

John_in_WYO

Colorful Raconteur
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2009
Cody, WY
I was in an LGS yesterday and saw a stack of boxed P80 Glock style lowers/jigs.
I asked to see one and really liked the way the straight back strap fit my hand.

Anyway, I also noticed that there was a sign that they all required a background check.
Does anyone know if ATF is requiring that now for a non-serialized/non-gun?

Just on principle I’d be likely to decline to fill out a 4473 to buy a non-gun...

Likely dealer just being scared. I wouldn't buy from them. They aren’t the kind of 2a inspiring shop I’ll spend my hard earned money with. You can purchase a complete gun from a individual for less money anyways

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
If it was a serialized P80 (and they do make them that way, PF-SERIES) then he was correct.
yeah i bought one (brownells aggressive grip texture) just for the better grip angle and stippling over stock glocks, serialized and background check needed.

Doesn't the 4473 form have a section where the S/N is recorded? WTF would the dealer write there?

P80 does sell completed pistols and i know some places will finish them for customers and put serial numbers on them

Whoc
I was in an LGS yesterday and saw a stack of boxed P80 Glock style lowers/jigs.
I asked to see one and really liked the way the straight back strap fit my hand.

Anyway, I also noticed that there was a sign that they all required a background check.
Does anyone know if ATF is requiring that now for a non-serialized/non-gun?

Just on principle I’d be likely to decline to fill out a 4473 to buy a non-gun...
Which gun shop, I'm looking for a 19 and 20. Everywhere online is out of stock.

@John_in_WYO