• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

P90X food alternatives

srtsam

Paul
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Mar 1, 2008
    West TN
    Oky after giving the first attempt a half hearted go. I've re-started the program with full intentions of completing. The only problem I having (other than the excercises) is the food. The soups for instance. The butternut squash is okay but the Miso is flat out nasty. Basically I'm checking to see if someone has any alternate recipes that will still keep me on the path. Today is day 4. I already feel better. No booze is a little tough. The excercies curb my appetite for the stuff, but i do enjoy a nice glas of cabernet wine or bourbon at the end of the day.
    thanks

Re: P90X food alternatives

Use the portion approach, ignore those crazy meals, and eat foods/ meals you're comfortable with.

Agreed.

Unless you eat alot of bS junk foods, assuming not since they do not go well with cabernet
    smile.gif
    Then watch the portions and focus on protein heavy foods. Watch the fat content too, I was amazed at how much fat is in everything!!!

ERN

I know it's not the right way, but like JRose said, porition. Also, you may be able to get a few of the meals that you like and maybe just stick with those for a while and then change it to a different set of meals that you like. I do this for my breakfast and lunch. 6 egg whites with whole wheat toast and one 8oz. glass of 1% milk in the morning or 1 cup of oatmeal with banana on other days. Lunch is a chicken breast on a George Foreman grill, with a salad and water, or I will do a protein shake/smoothie for lunch and a senseable dinner.....the weekends I allow myself a "not so senseable" dinner like Jets Pizza or something, I just try to limit the porition of what I take.

It seems to be working for me, I've lost about 12lbs in 3 weeks with a mild amount of exercise like a 3 mile run with a little bit of weight training. Don't know if this helps.....but good luck.

There's nothing wrong with the portion approach. It's all about input/ output. If you do the portions right, and eat the appropriate foods, it shouldn't make a difference if it's your meals or his. I'm doing well on the portion approach, I wouldn't have made it if I were still trying to eat that gay shit on the meal plan.

The portion controle plan is good and it works providing your eating decient foods.

If you get a little better understanding what macro nutrients do what and why , then you'll get a little better idea of what to eat and when.

try to limit eating foods that are high in fat with foods that are high in carbs especily processed or simple carbs , also try to stop taking in any carbs the last 1/3 of your day , this will prevent any insulin for being free in the body allowing any excess carbs of fats to shuttled to storage

Here's what I've done: cut down carbs and increase protein; no sweets; eat only whole wheat bread (compare info. and buy the one with the least carbs); portion control; no alcohol (one of the hardest things for me - I like the high alcohol Belgium beers); eat nuts such as cashews, peanuts, and almonds; order tuna (or some other fish) in the nice restaurants; sashmi; chew gum during the day; and drink only water. I've lost 10 pounds in a little over a month. My goal is another 15 to 20 to get down in the 150s. Hopefully I'll have no fat around my stomach at that weight.

good deal on the portion control. I will try to stick to the menu as close as possible. I just wanted to see if anyone else deviated from the menu or eating the gross crap is the only way.

alot of people get enjoyment from eating and thats what causees some of the problems with eating some healthy food. Granted i get enjoyment for a good meal but my daily food is pretty damn boring but i just look at it like taking medicine just one of those things that has to be done and after a few weeks i'll change it up a bit.
    when you think your meals look bland and boring just think about this
    photo1-1.jpg

Each of the containers with green beans has 6oz baked chicken breast 2 cups green beans and i'll add a 4oz 90%lean beef hamburge patty to each of those , i mix 1 tablespoon olive oil mayo with 1 tablespoon yellow mustard to make a "dressing" for the chicken and green beans
    the bottom two containers are meals 1-2 , 2 cups liquid egg whites and 4 whole eggs.
    7th meal of the day is 3 scoop casine protein and 1 tablespoon almond butter mixed realy thick like fudge

In case this works here or for someone, I use smoothies alot:
    Water, 16 oz
    Whey, scoop or two depending on servings desired.
    Strawberries, blueberry, etc
    ginger
    small new potato
    spinach
    apple, half
    orange, half
    carrots, three
    Blend. This is all raw. Change it up. This is an example. Use various vegetables and fruits. Its fun and nutritous, duhh! Hope it helps someone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's nothing wrong with the portion approach. It's all about input/ output. If you do the portions right, and eat the appropriate foods, it shouldn't make a difference if it's your meals or his. I'm doing well on the portion approach, I wouldn't have made it if I were still trying to eat that gay shit on the meal plan. </div></div>

I could not agree more! For me once I paid attention to how much I was taking in, and what it was I was cool. Looked at that menu plan and gave it the finger.
    smile.gif