• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Pa plx 1-8 or eotech 1-10?

Jmccracken1214

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Dec 10, 2018
    Thomasville, NC
    Looking for a lpvo for my 16” 308.
    These are the 2 that seem to offer the most bang for the Buck.
    Anything else I should be looking for under 1600-1700?

Reactions: Wolf47
    Haven't seen any real reviews of the Eotech, and I've been looking.
    PLX on the other hand has nothing but great reviews so far.

Haven't seen any real reviews of the Eotech, and I've been looking.
    PLX on the other hand has nothing but great reviews so far.
    John Lovell with warrior poet did a short comparison of the eotech and the g3 razor but with my military discount, the razor ends up being almost $800 more than the eotech

John Lovell with warrior poet did a short comparison of the eotech and the g3 razor but with my military discount, the razor ends up being almost $800 more than the eotech
    Yeah and he started the video by saying MILs are for meters people and MOA is for inches/feet people. So everything he says after that is suspect.

Yeah and he started the video by saying MILs are for meters people and MOA is for inches/feet people. So everything he says after that is suspect.
    True. That being said, if you don’t care about nuclear bright, the vudu 1-10 really looks like a great piece of kit.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
    mrgunsandgear on youtube says the PA 1-8 has the closest true 1x power he's ever seen in any scope in any price range. For what it's worth. I looked at one for myself but wound up putting the funds to a gun.
    Looks nice but I wish it could have locking elevation turrets like the vudu.

Looks nice but I wish it could have locking elevation turrets like the vudu.
    Thats the biggest thing that I like about the vudu compared to the PA and the Gen 3 razor, even though it is in another price bracket than these two.
    My next gun will either be a 12.5" ar pistol or a 16" light bolt gun, and Ill be getting one of these.. Probably the vudu if I go AR, and the PA for the bolt gun, since the bolt will be lighter, might as well keep the lighter glass on it.

Thats the biggest thing that I like about the vudu compared to the PA and the Gen 3 razor, even though it is in another price bracket than these two.
    My next gun will either be a 12.5" ar pistol or a 16" light bolt gun, and Ill be getting one of these.. Probably the vudu if I go AR, and the PA for the bolt gun, since the bolt will be lighter, might as well keep the lighter glass on it.
    Same here. I know it’s a niche but right now I have a lightweight 12.5in 300BLK bolt gun as a short range hunting rifle around the farm but I love to do long range subsonic on steels so right now it’s sporting a Helos 2-12 FFP which is a great scope for the task but it weights 27oz so I wouldn’t mind sacrificing 2x at the top end to get a true 1x at the bottom and save almost a lbs.

PLXc 1-8 on my 16" M&P10 .308

It seemed like too much scope on my 14.5 M4gery and threw off the balance compared to my TA31, but is perfect for this build.

The Eotech looks good on paper too, but 1-10's just seem to not do any one thing super well for me.

Attachments

• IMG_20220704_205206284.jpg
      IMG_20220704_205206284.jpg
      560.8 KB · Views: 212
    Reactions: st1650

It seemed like too much scope on my 14.5 M4gery and threw off the balance compared to my TA31, but is perfect for this build.

The Eotech looks good on paper too, but 1-10's just seem to not do any one thing super well for me.
    Yeah I’d be happy with a 1-8 with exposed turrets kinda like the NX8 but without the issues that comes with the NX8

Yeah I’d be happy with a 1-8 with exposed turrets kinda like the NX8 but without the issues that comes with the NX8
    I haven't messed with it but I believe you can run it either capped or exposed. Not sure if there's a locking element when exposed, but the detents between each click were pretty beefy.

Reactions: st1650
    I haven't messed with it but I believe you can run it either capped or exposed. Not sure if there's a locking element when exposed, but the detents between each click were pretty beefy.
    Any chance you could take a pic of the elevation turret when it’s uncapped.

Wathced this newer review of the Vudu, I've also been debating picking on up but think I may forgo it. Illumination sounds meh, tight eyebox and just ok quality sound like the biggest concerns. But I guess the Razor has similar constraints. Think I need a lightweight MPVO instead.

Is that a Reptilia mount? I was wanting that exact setup with the 12:00 mrds

Isn't he also the doofus who refuses to suppress his home defense guns because he wants them to be as loud as possible so the neighbors will call the cops? :unsure:

• Haha
    Reactions: TonyTheTiger
    Isn't he also the doofus who refuses to suppress his home defense guns because he wants them to be as loud as possible so the neighbors will call the cops? :unsure:
    He said he wanted it loud to sound like a war zone in there to make anyone else that may be coming in, think twice.

I like a lot of his logic and he’s good at what he does, but I don’t agree with everything.
    Blasting a 10.5” AR in the house may scare off other bad guys, but damn, you’ll never hear anything again.

I just got an Eotech 1-10 delivered from Euro Optic this week on sale for $1250. Bought it to go on a hunting rifle but it will be replacing the Vortex 1-10 on my SPR and I’ll be getting a second Eotech.

Everything is better about the Eotech, literally everything. Vortex has a shitty eyebox above 6x and gets blurry if you’re not perfectly centered, none of that with the Eotech. The Eotech actually has a usable reticle on 1x without being illuminated whereas the vortex is non existent, and has a finer center aiming point for precision work on higher magnification (LE5 reticle). The illumination on the Eotech is perfectly crisp and doesn’t bloom and bleed like the Vortex.

Some people were saying the Eotech isn’t nuclear bright like the Vortex when they first came out, that is true, on max it isn’t bright but it’s plenty bright. The only time the reticle fades to almost a burgundy is when you’re looking directly into the sun with the sun in the sight picture. As long as the sun is outside of the sight picture the reticle is crisp red. The Eotech you can actually use the illumination at higher magnifications too and still have a crisp reticle. The glass quality kicks the Vortex’s ass too.

I liked the Vortex a lot until I got this thing in my hands.

I just got an Eotech 1-10 delivered from Euro Optic this week on sale for $1250. Bought it to go on a hunting rifle but it will be replacing the Vortex 1-10 on my SPR and I’ll be getting a second Eotech.

Everything is better about the Eotech, literally everything. Vortex has a shitty eyebox above 6x and gets blurry if you’re not perfectly centered, none of that with the Eotech. The Eotech actually has a usable reticle on 1x without being illuminated whereas the vortex is non existent, and has a finer center aiming point for precision work on higher magnification (LE5 reticle). The illumination on the Eotech is perfectly crisp and doesn’t bloom and bleed like the Vortex.

Some people were saying the Eotech isn’t nuclear bright like the Vortex when they first came out, that is true, on max it isn’t bright but it’s plenty bright. The only time the reticle fades to almost a burgundy is when you’re looking directly into the sun with the sun in the sight picture. As long as the sun is outside of the sight picture the reticle is crisp red. The Eotech you can actually use the illumination at higher magnifications too and still have a crisp reticle. The glass quality kicks the Vortex’s ass too.

I liked the Vortex a lot until I got this thing in my hands.
    I’m still wanting the eotech 1-10. I just picked up a Springfield victor with a bunch of upgrades. Debating on the 1-10 or a acog. I want a lpvo but don’t want the weight

Just saw PSA has the Steiner prisms clearanced, got the 4x for $379.99 after a 5% off code.
    Made in Germany so I hear, or here in Colorado wjth German parts.

Hope it’s decent, and makes me not want an acog