• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

PA resident looking for an ELR range.

Mr_Happyface

Huge Dork
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2006
1,000 isn’t cutting it anymore and I need to up the dose.

I keep hearing rumors about a private ‘range’ somewhere north of Harrisburg, but nothing solid.

I there’s a place in east Ohio that may fit the bill “thunder valley” but that’s a hell of a drive. Anyone know of anything within PA borders, private or otherwise?

Reactions: Cheeseburger1976
Could you not use the 1000 yard range and shrink your target like a soda cap if you can put 10 out of ten shots in a soda cap at 1000 yards besides being pretty impressive at least to me isn't that almost the same thing as shooting a 16'' plate at 1700 yards ?
says 1485 yards

Reactions: diverdon
Y
Could you not use the 1000 yard range and shrink your target like a soda cap if you can put 10 out of ten shots in a soda cap at 1000 yards besides being pretty impressive at least to me isn't that almost the same thing as shooting a 16'' plate at 1700 yards ?
says 1485 yards

“These ranges are not open to the public and we do not have a membership for them. To shoot on our ranges you need to be part of an event or class, or, you may rent it outright for the day. We do not rent to those who just want to shoot far to see if they can. ou must have some level of long range training to rent our range. Currently weekends are booked about 9 months in advance.”

Yeah might as well drive the extra distance to hit up Ohio. This would probably be way too expensive. Also I don’t have any documented training.

I’m hitting some pretty small targets already at a K. I could go smaller, but it’s just not the same! Need the real thing.

Should have thought this through before I built a miniature howitzer for a precision rifle.

Last edited:
1,000 isn’t cutting it anymore and I need to up the dose.

I keep hearing rumors about a private ‘range’ somewhere north of Harrisburg, but nothing solid.

I there’s a place in east Ohio that may fit the bill “thunder valley” but that’s a hell of a drive. Anyone know of anything within PA borders, private or otherwise?

where are you located sir? I’m in northumberland county

The rumors you’re hearing are probably of the range up in Tremont, PA. That’s where the WAR rifles shootout is gonna be. From what I understand, Bill Geissele bought a large block of land and is working to set up a 1200-1400 yard range.

I will second that Thunder Valley is worth the drive. Its 5hrs from me in Northern VA, and worth every second of that drive. Hanging steel every 100 yards from 200 to 1200, and then Steele at a Mile. 30 or so benches, i have so much fun every time I go (which is as often as my wife lets let get away for an overnight trip). If you go on nice weather weekends, get there early to gurentee a bench.

Thunder Valley is great, and indeed worth the drive. Still, I’d love to have access to something closer. I feel like it’s hard to get good without more frequent practice.