• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Pach or LS recoil pad?

verrocchio100

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2003
Pac-O
Hey fellas, is the Pachmyer or Limbsave the preferred replacement recoil pad for HS stocks?

The factory HS recoil pad leaves something to be desired....;)

Model numbers for either choice?

Re: Pach or LS recoil pad?

The old HS stock we had on the hubby's first M24 was a Kickeze. VERY NICE when he dropped a 300WM action into it. Now, it added an inch to the LOP, but it was like having a marshmallow on your shoulder, and was a Godsend shooting prone.

Actually, it may still be in the spares pile, I'll see if I can get a model number off of it.

One thing I noticed with Kick-Eez is it hardened a lot faster than other pads. I had them on my trap guns and they only lasted a couple years before UV exposure made them hard. They were great when new, but I had to change them every other year. I did not have the same issue with Decelerator pads. I only have a couple LS pads and they do seem to be holding up fine.