• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pack/Drag Bag/Shooting Mat..... what to buy?

fastex500

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2011
Gaston County, NC
So I lost my shooting mat at the last comp I shot at and have been using an old Timberland back pack to carry supplies in and figured it was time to get something new and shiny.

I rally like the Eberlestock X3 bag for a pack and carry platform, but I know it doesn't have an integral mat. What other options are out there that I should look at. Currently I am thinking the X3 + Tab Gear.

Thanks for your input!

Re: Pack/Drag Bag/Shooting Mat..... what to buy?

If you don't need padding on the mat, I think the Tab mat is a nice way to go. I'm pretty new to all of this, but I was looking at the exact setup you were describing- X3 + TAB mat = nice portable setup. Tab mat is thin, but it's great for the packable size/weight.

Have you looked at the Eberlestock Sniper Sled Drag Bag? It is an upgrade from their previous model and includes a fold out padded mat. It is also laid out with several pockets/pouches (different dimensions, in order to accomodate different sized accessories) and does a very good job of securing and protecting the weapon when being transported. Finally, it also comes with backpacks straps if you'd rather use it to hump your gear from one shooting station to the next.

Here are some pics (and a link with more info and specs):
http://www.deltaoutdoorsman.com/scart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=167
e2bme_sm.jpg

E2B_trifold_w_rifle_sm.jpg

e2b_harness_sm.jpg

If you don't want to go that route, the X3 LoDrag makes for a great range pack. Add the Eberlestock Magic Carpet Shooting Mat (padded version) and you're good to go. The mat has a plastic bottom that will keep you dry and, when rolled up, can easily be fitted either within the pack or tied to the molle webbing at the outside.

Hope this gives you some ideas. Feel free to ask if you have questions. There are a lot of good options out there, it just comes down to what you prefer.

Best of luck
Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com

Thanks for the great info guys!

Ceylon, I'll PM you with some questions on an order.

Fastex,

I just got one of these Eberlestock drag bag/pack/mat outfits from Ceylon. First off, you'd be hard-pressed to find a better person to deal with
smile.gif
great, rapid service, excellent comm, as well.

The bag fits my needs perfectly and and, since today is my first range day this year, I'm about to load in today my rifle, ammo, binos, LRF, Kestrel, 5 boxes 175SMK, rain gear, WhizWheel, cleaning gear, tools, water bottles, power crunch snacks, cell phone, and, when they arrive, elbow and knee pads. I can hoist this gear on my back and hump it if I need to. HTH.