• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Packing a rifle on a horse

Muskox

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2011
Sucky Kentucky
With big 30 and 34mm optics and bigger longer barrels it's hard to find a saddle scabbard that works with a PSR. Does anyone know of custom canvas or leather folks that make bigger scabbards for a PSR?

With big 30 and 34mm optics and bigger longer barrels it's hard to find a saddle scabbard that works with a PSR. Does anyone know of custom canvas or leather folks that make bigger scabbards for a PSR?

Two different leather versions on this page, each made to your rifle, price ranges from $90-110, made in the USA

Leather Rifle Scabbards

A few on this page as well with scope options available

Rifle scabbard, rifle scabbards, leather rifle scabbard, shotgun scabbards

And another

Contoured Leather Rifle Scabbard-Outfitters Supply

one more

Guide Gear Scoped Rifle Leather Scabbard - 306931, Accessories at Sportsman's Guide

Midway has one believe it or not

Weaver Scoped Rifle Scabbard Leather Burgundy

and then there are a few of them here

Rifle & Bow Scabbards *** Trail Riding Horse Equipment

Papa three Zero, big thanks for the western saddle link. Looks like high quality gear. Pop just picked up another shootin' broke, hog hunting quarter horse... :)

Breeze

Amazes me that someone carries a rifle butt forward and up in the air
Which is ok on all accounts except with the rifle exposed like that in the mountains with cold weather and snow i have seen hunters not be able to shoot because snow got on top of the rifle and it froze inside the bolt rendering it as good as an axe might be in that situation
Guys put covers on top of your rifle to keep rain and snow out

• Haha
Reactions: powdahound76
Thread is 9 yrs old ya goober!!

I have a gun condom to keep mine free of any moisture and Monkey Pox!!!
Both important when in Canuckistan

I refuse to go back hunting till I can bring back a polar bear hide!

• Haha
Reactions: roostercogburn98
Lol

Horse is probably dead by now….
Really
Who is the real child
I have traveled the world hunting while you were still in diapers
We took a record book big horn ram last year at 8000 ft altitude
It snowed the whole 6 days we never had a single problem with our guns or horses

What did you shoot last year
Probably a small whitetail or a pig

Really
Who is the real child
I have traveled the world hunting while you were still in diapers
We took a record book big horn ram last year at 8000 ft altitude
It snowed the whole 6 days we never had a single problem with our guns or horses

What did you shoot last year
Probably a small whitetail or a pig

Cool story bro.

A man woulda hiked.

Please though, tell us more uber badass stories from up there in Canuckistan and dont forget to cup Trudeau’s balls

I like the butt forward and higher than the muzzle. Scope down and stirrup over the scabbord. I quit carrying a bolts gun on my horse. Too awkward and they don't fit my scabbord well anyway. The Savage 99 300 Sav and sometimes a 94 30-30 is about all I carry on horseback these days.

Reactions: powdahound76
I hiked in the Alaskan tundra for 8 days for caribou. Drug my rifle through it all and never had an issue. Probably not relevant to this thread at all, but whatever