• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

pact digital scale dispenser

"Partridge"

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 14, 2009
Hollywood, FL
hello just wondering bout others exoerience wit this unt.i bought one new a short time ago and could not use it as according to there tech there was maybe too many powerlines around the area.there wasn't a problem i got a complete refund from midway.but i am still thinking about using a digital scale dispenser combo.i have relocated also so i may even go bacck with the pact.give me some advice if any of you have experience with them.

Re: pact digital scale dispenser

teambarlar,

I've used one for 8 years without problems. Follow the basic rules for digital scales and you should be O.K. No cell phones or fluorescent lights near the unit. Let it warm up for at least thirty minutes, nothing wrong with leaving both the scale and the dispenser on all the time (on a surge protector). Use the Lee scoops to speed up the dispensing process.

HTH,
DocB

Chargemaster is most often preferred over Lyman and Pact.

I had a Pact crap out on me and purchased a Lyman. It gets the job done accurately. Just seems kinda cheap to me. I don't think the procedure you have to go to in order to change powders or clean for storage was very well thought out. I also can't stand how mine beeps all the time, forcing me to turn it off every time I get finished using it. Really wished I had of spent a little more money and got the RCBS.

I have the PACT and have been very pleased with it. I bought the dispenser set up because I had been using one of their scales since the first year they hit the market and it has always been dead on with the various known check weights I use.

I did not realize they were finicky about power lines etc. but with electronics anything can happen.

Greg L.