• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Paging Bushnell - Are we ever going to see an Elite Tactical LPVO?

It'll be interesting to see if Bushnell gets back in the LPVO game.

I remember a conversation I had with one of the higher ups at Burris. He told me how the LPVO market plays out above the $500 price point. It's the slowest market segment of magnified optics by a significant margin. Even a great optic from $800 to $1200 may not sell well.

Burris blows their RT6 out the door. The quality for the price point makes it very popular. But you have to settle for much lower numbers at higher price points. There's better places to invest your money.

They had the SMRS at one point but hopefully there will be an updated version along with a newer LRTSi.
I have the SMRS 1-6.5 ... really dig it ... but I'd be interested to see if Bushnell can get a better 1-10X ... the Razor 1-10 I hated ...

It'll be interesting to see if Bushnell gets back in the LPVO game.

I remember a conversation I had with one of the higher ups at Burris. He told me how the LPVO market plays out above the $500 price point. It's the slowest market segment of magnified optics by a significant margin. Even a great optic from $800 to $1200 may not sell well.

Burris blows their RT6 out the door. The quality for the price point makes it very popular. But you have to settle for much lower numbers at higher price points. There's better places to invest your money.
RT6 is a good performer ... but with Burris/Steiner QC in limbo ... its out for me ...

Sightron has a couple of LPVO's now, one of them is the upper end 1-6 S6 series.
They also have two S tac series, one is a 1-4, the other, if memory serves, is a 1-4.5

The smrs is my favorite of the “low to mid “ cost lvpo scopes. I was bummed when they discontinued them

I'd be happy with more of or a slightly more Americanized version of the Forge 1-8x30 I picked up this year.

I can only speak from experience, but I did NOT know about the Elite Tactical line until I joined Snipershide. I have been very impressed with the value I have gotten from my LRTSi 3-12 and the DMR II 3.5-21, and even the Match Pro 6-24.

I'd like to see another 1-8.5 with an improved reticle and zero stop.

I heard a while back that some of the original folks behind the Elite Tactical lines are no longer at Bushnell. Not sure if this is true, but it came from a reliable source ...

I have no idea why they don't make the LRTSi line again.

They say it didn't sell well, but every time one comes up for sale here it flies out of the PX.
The 3-12 non-limmuniated model was the best DMR scope I've used ... I miss it dearly ... but the new DMR3 is great too ...

Reactions: bobke
I heard a while back that some of the original folks behind the Elite Tactical lines are no longer at Bushnell. Not sure if this is true, but it came from a reliable source ...
If true ... that sucks ... I do believe they can offer a nice MRAD based LPVO ... if they could integrate a parallax adjustment with a 1-10X ... it would be awesome!

I have no idea why they don't make the LRTSi line again.

They say it didn't sell well, but every time one comes up for sale here it flies out of the PX.
It did poorly at retail. The majority of people that love those scopes bought them during the ~50% off clearance sale. The PX prices generally fall in that +/-50% off range as well.

I like my LRTS, but it’s a ~$700 scope.

Well, it is obviously not a 1500 dollar scope and they shouldn't price it as such.

I am sure they can still make some nice dinero with it priced like a Trijicon Credo at 900 which I would buy all day long.

RT6 is a good performer ... but with Burris/Steiner QC in limbo ... its out for me ...

They took a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. But I think they made some good changes with the good eye remaining to them.. 😉

They lacked a reliable system of managerial oversight on their CS employees. It would slip through the cracks if a customer wasn't getting good service. They've corrected that. The management team is going to be a lot more involved in customer service. I'm kinda "secret shopper" rolling a scope through customer service/ repair as we speak. It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

They took a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. But I think they made some good changes with the good eye remaining to them.. 😉

They lacked a reliable system of managerial oversight on their CS employees. It would slip through the cracks if a customer wasn't getting good service. They've corrected that. The management team is going to be a lot more involved in customer service. I'm kinda "secret shopper" rolling a scope through customer service/ repair as we speak. It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

If you post it on here with a big burris logo on your profile is it really secret shopper, lol.

I saw a former big Bushnell pusher/user left them due to them not following what the shooters wanted on Reddit

I think it was Hollywood if I’m correct

If you post it on here with a big burris logo on your profile is it really secret shopper, lol.

Haha! Hopefully they don't cruise the Hide!

I havent spoken to anyone. I opened a repair ticket through the online portal. So far so good, I had an RMA with return postage in my email in an hour. It's on its way back to them now.

Haha! Hopefully they don't cruise the Hide!

I havent spoken to anyone. I opened a repair ticket through the online portal. So far so good, I had an RMA with return postage in my email in an hour. It's on its way back to them now.

You said so yourself in the XTR pro shit show thread that they were watching the thread.

Everyone at Burris knows the fluffer.

It did poorly at retail. The majority of people that love those scopes bought them during the ~50% off clearance sale. The PX prices generally fall in that +/-50% off range as well.

I like my LRTS, but it’s a ~$700 scope.
What else can you get that is comparable for 700? That's pst2 country if you want worse glass in physically larger less reliable scope it right up that ally for 700. 🤣🤣🤣

When the LRHS line came ourt the market was not nearly so saturated. A comparable scope that was available would have been the SWFA 5-20 for 1300. Or a gen 1 razor for 1500, xtr2 for 1000, ERS for 1800, Weaver Tactical scopes were 800-900. It's not the same market as when they released them at 1200.

Reactions: Birddog6424
Haha, good Lord. You're such an angry man 🤣

You just randomly cruise around the Hide dropping insults on threads. You need a hug brother? 😉

You reading things that’s not tickling your balls doesn’t make me angry. I’m not angry at all, just pointing out the facts.

Be less sensitive

I bought my LRTS 3.5-18 in ~ 2020 for $750. At $750 it was a fantastic buy, but obviously it won't compete with optics twice that price.

I got my DMR II ~ 2020 as well for $950. Again, for what I paid it is excellent.

I still have my old 3-12x44 that I picked up probably 12-14 years ago, and it is perfectly capable in the role I've assigned it.

^ All three Bushys reside on rifles I use for killing stuff with, and I've never had a mechanical issue with any of them.

All of that being said, I'm not sure I'll be pursuing anything Bushnell again. At normal retail, I think that most of the competitive options from similar lines provide better glass (to my eye at least). Bushnell needs a little life blown into them before they become the next Trijicon (if it isn't too late already).

Reactions: moosemeat
They had a SMRS that was 1-6 and a 1-8 but neither sold very well its a specialty market

LRHS/LRTS were really good scopes I don't think they are produced except as special orders or something now

Elite 4200/6500 were good for their time too, wouldn't mind a 3-12x44 model for a 223 or 308

I bought my LRTS 3.5-18 in ~ 2020 for $750. At $750 it was a fantastic buy, but obviously it won't compete with optics twice that price.

I got my DMR II ~ 2020 as well for $950. Again, for what I paid it is excellent.

I still have my old 3-12x44 that I picked up probably 12-14 years ago, and it is perfectly capable in the role I've assigned it.

^ All three Bushys reside on rifles I use for killing stuff with, and I've never had a mechanical issue with any of them.

All of that being said, I'm not sure I'll be pursuing anything Bushnell again. At normal retail, I think that most of the competitive options from similar lines provide better glass (to my eye at least). Bushnell needs a little life blown into them before they become the next Trijicon (if it isn't too late already).
They have had DMR3's out for a few years now.

I can’t even with you right meow! 😸
I’ve been all over the show and the Bush Elite Tacs DMR2 & 3 are the most looked over, rock solid, easy AF eye boxed scopes available. Micrometer tracking.

I will say Fuck LPVO, nobody gets it right. 3-15x44 or 4-16 lightweight with a 45 degree RDS for the close engagements. Or run a Eotech EPS or Holosun 510. Keep the HPVOs in the backpack for the 15% of the time one would need for combat.

They have had DMR3's out for a few years now.

Yessir, how do you think I got my II for $950 😄. I pretty much buy everything a model behind, that's what us super-poors do.

I've had an XRS3 next to my XTR3 before for some comparison. Honestly, I'd take the XTR3 any day. I consider those to be direct competitors to each other.

Reactions: moosemeat
I can’t even with you right meow! 😸
I’ve been all over the show and the Bush Elite Tacs DMR2 & 3 are the most looked over, rock solid, easy AF eye boxed scopes available. Micrometer tracking.

I will say Fuck LPVO, nobody gets it right. 3-15x44 or 4-16 lightweight with a 45 degree RDS for the close engagements. Or run a Eotech EPS or Holosun 510. Keep the HPVOs in the backpack for the 15% of the time one would need for combat.
Bushnell LRTS/DMR lines are solid as they come ... I actually prefer a Bushnell DMR2/3 over my S&B US 3-20 ...

The SMRS 1-6.5 FFP actually is one of the only FFP LPVOs that has a flat 1X image that doesn't distort around the edges ... wasn't popular but it performs EXTREMELY well ...

To your point yes ... it is why I really dig the LRTS 3-12 ... very capable optic with good weight ... paired with a RMR ... you got yourself a super solid setup that can engage effectively.

• Love
Reactions: FredHammer
Bushnell LRTS/DMR lines are solid as they come ... I actually prefer a Bushnell DMR2/3 over my S&B US 3-20 ...

The SMRS 1-6.5 FFP actually is one of the only FFP LPVOs that has a flat 1X image that doesn't distort around the edges ... wasn't popular but it performs EXTREMELY well ...

To your point yes ... it is why I really dig the LRTS 3-12 ... very capable optic with good weight ... paired with a RMR ... you got yourself a super solid setup that can engage effectively.
Good to know! My DMRs are so heavy they stay on range rigs or "base defense" rigs. Weight is their only downfall. T&E with a Trij Credo ATM on SPR and it looks like 6X to 10X usable reticle for the mil stadia. (Offset RDS for CQB stuff).
The Credo does have a mostly usable 2X reticle depending on lighting. Best FFP reticle at minimum mag I've tried so far.
I will be keeping an eye on the LRTS 3-12 now! Thanks! Happy New Year!

Reactions: thehun
First hand on the SMRS II Pro 1-6.5x 24. I picked one up used/like new. They are around if you look, often times in $500 range. I feel like it is one of the more undervalued buys out there. Initially thought it might just be me blowing smoke up my own skirt so I felt good about spending the money but, the glass really is top notch. EVERYONE who has looked through it is seriously impressed. True 1x nice and flat and despite that several have said on 1x that it improved their view over no glass. It compares easily with my Nighthorse and Vortex glass. IMO better than Razor (no need to tell me I'm FOS it my opinion). My concerns over reports of "less than daylight bright" were not founded. Its plenty bright. I just think because its dot only and not the total CQ BDC reticle that illuminates people may be less than impressed. I was not one of those people. I know its a tight market for higher cost LPVO but I hope Bushnell gets back in it. Until then I definitely wouldn't hesitate scooping up another one on the used market.