• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Paid for a SWFA and got a Tasco. Should I be mad?

ForceResponse

Private
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2011
Florence, KY
www.forceresponse.com
Bought a scope from someone here and it was sold to me as an SWFA SS10x42M. What I received was one of the Tasco SS10x42M scopes. I'm new to scopes, so I'm wondering if I should be upset or not. Just wasn't what I expected, and I don't know how to tell if this is one of the 'good' Tasco SS scopes or not.

Re: Paid for a SWFA and got a Tasco. Should I be mad?

Call SWFA to find out if you should be mad or not. I know they will still back them up anyhow. The seller might not have known the difference.

The SS were originally made by tasco, so its probally just a older model. If you are referring to the paperwork it came with they all ship with tasco instructions.

I got a ss about a year ago and it did come with tasco documentation

If that is your case then don't be mad

The scope is fine for a $300 scope, holds zero, tracks good, etc,,,,,,clarity is just okay

Old history lesson. TASCO never made the SS scope. They marketed it. When tasco went tits up SWFA picked up the name and marketing rights. Still made in the original factory by the original folks. ( Never made by Hakko ) An SS1042M is a supersniper no matter what documentation came with it.

Re: Paid for a SWFA and got a Tasco. Should I be

I am waiting on the delivery of my 6th SS to date. I love these scopes, and you can always count on getting a great resale value from even a badly worn scope. Trust in the SS and SWFA.

DK

Re: Paid for a SWFA and got a Tasco. Should I be

If SWFA is putting a warranty on a Tasco marked SS scope then good for SWFA. Very rarely will one place stand behind the warranty of a company. For example Leupold will not warrant on older RedField scope.

Tasco never nmade a scope of any kind. Tasco was a trade name. Same as the Super Sniper for SWFA, still just a trade name. I would like to think that the new SS scopes are considerably better optics than the original ones marketed by Tasco. Or at least I would hope they are considerably better. They cost considerably more than when Tasco marketed them. But then SWFA does not whore them out as much as Tasco did.

Tasco did use the Super Sniper name. So the seller did not lie to you. But they may have mis-represented it just a bit. Especially if it stil bears the Tasco label. And if they sold it to you for the newer SWFA SS prices!! Tom.