• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Paid over $4 per gallon for gas - first time today

oregon

Private
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2011
Portland, Oregon
www.designavs.com
If it keeps going up it will make it harder to shoot, buy ammo, and get new gun stuff. Paid over $4 per gallon for premium today, DANG! In Beaverton, OR at a local low cost spot where usually go. And I remember when ...

Re: Paid over $4 per gallon for gas - first time today

We're at about 3.65 or so for regular down here. Almost 4 for the prem. stuff. Buddy filled up his truck yesterday with reg. and stopped at 100 bucks. Not cause he was full but the pump cut him off lol. I drive a gas sipping accord and i'm over 50 a pop. Not fun.

Damn. I sold my bike a few years ago but it was nice to fill up and run a tab of like 12 bucks. My bike didn't get the best gas mileage but it was always a fun ride
wink.gif
. (Zx-10r)

I paid $4.20 for 87 octane today.

$4 for premium?? come on down to california. I paid $4.11 for regular yesterday @ 19 gallons. fuck me... Ive seen it as high as $4.35 down here in San Diego..... again for regular.

I've seen premium as high as 4.54 in Los Angeles. I have heard it is even higher in some parts.

Obviously none of you are driveing a diesel. Been paying over $4.00 for a while now.

Ha yep put 55gal in the other day at 3.95 for diesel. Last time the fuel was HIGH I think it was just under 5$ a gal. That sucks when filling up 84 gal total cap.

I do drive a diesel and it sucks filling up. Cheapest I have seen lately is 3.99 on Tuesday that station is now 4.12. THe highest I have seen it is 4.35. This sucks ass.

Brian

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John L</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obviously none of you are driveing a diesel. Been paying over $4.00 for a while now.</div></div>

I do ....$3.99 here.

Well, as of two days ago anyhow.

my diesel has 2 150 gallon tanks. i fill up most every day and my fills are ususally $700+. glad its not my name on the door of the kenworth.

Diesel is just over $4 and regular gas is $3.45 as over yesterday when I was in town. Glad I drive a company truck all the time!

I remember gas hitting the $5s or at least $4.75 before the bubble burst. Makes it expensive for me to drive the 45 min. or so to get to a range.

And there are people with oil wells on their property in North Dakota who are limited to the amount they can pump out each day. Dont even get me started on this topic or I will get banned, tracked down by secret operatives and shot...

Quit bitching, over here in the UK its over $8 / gallon - I don't even want to get into the cost of important stuff like ammo....!!!

I would love to pay $4 per gallon. I live next to the refinery that makes the fuel and its more than most in the country. Guess I have to thank the Canadian's from driving up the demand..

87 in pittsburgh is 3.75. There has to be a end to this somewhere.

why are we complaining about gas prices? If it's that bad ride a bike,walk,jump on a bus, or hug a tree.

It only seems so expensive because we have been spoiled for so long. If your used to getting $8 items in a store for $4 your whole life then one day you walk in and the guy charges you $7. . . Is that "expensive"? Or is it just finally reasonable and your now upset you actually have to count said item into your budget considerations when it used to just be an afterthought?

As much American blood as there is in the sandbox we should have hot and cold running unleaded over here.

we pay 14SEK/liter here is Sweden so that´s around $8.5 per gallon....

I was in Turkey last week and paid $10.2 USD per gallon for the rental car. Paying $3.86 when I got home looked pretty good.

gonna be $6 a gallon (at least). some are saying $5 a gallon before summer.

How you all liking that "Change" we heard about in 2008? Gotta love those Democrats they really took care of the "Evil" Big Oil. No shortage of oil just shortage of US common sense and freedom to get the job done. Too many tree huggers!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jagged77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Quit bitching, over here in the UK its over $8 / gallon - I don't even want to get into the cost of important stuff like ammo....!!! </div></div>
Problem is, if we don't bitch and change the leadership in the US then we will be like EU, (No offense intended.).
I love Europe for many reasons but I don't want to pay what you are paying and what I used to pay when I lived there.

We still have the ability to change many things in this country.
We just need to put our 5 ton foot down(Stomp) & or put our 5 ton foot up a donkeys ass!
And that will happen when we vote the next time around.
That's as far as I dare to take this conversation since this is a slippery slope towards this sites taboo rule on politics.
Have a good evening.
.....SmokeRolls

It will probably be $5 a gallon befor the end of summer if things dont change.

I love my little Honda, and the 7.9mile drive to Manners. Once both my girls go to school at the same school i'll drive even less than I currently am. We have a large segment for fuel in our budget, much more than we'll use, but it's nice to go a whole year without having to sit down and re-analyze the budget due to a price increase.

I'm lucky to have a wife that isn't high maintenance, and a lifestyle that's well within the means of our income level.

Branden

this has nothing to do with democrat or republican, it's all about control. The same thing would have happened if McCain got in office.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As much American blood as there is in the sandbox we should have hot and cold running unleaded over here.</div></div> You would think that wouldn't since all the Arabs feel we are here to steal their oil. Which is always funny to me as to what local people will swallow from the rhetoric of their leaders. The one thing OPEC should be scared of is if the First World countries ever do develop alternative fuels that don't require our buying theirs to in rich Sheikdoms of the Middle East.
We the people who have a finite amount of money will pay through the nose for fuel since we have to go places to make money; all it does is force us to not buy other goods and services. And, that is what ruins the economy. It is a death spiral!

Glad am not the only one!!! This is history if nothing else. It is starting to hurt more than it did to go to the gas station so find myself driving less and thinking about alternatives more.

Don't know if this is good or bad news and if it is going to make the price of fuel go up or down. While sensitive to gas anything right now read in the Wall Street Journal over the weekend Uncle Sam is moving forward with plans to spend $1.2B over the next five years to upgrade 10,000 stations to mixer fuel pumps at a cost of $120K per station. That is $1,200,000,000. This is being done in accordance with our President's pledge to cut U.S. dependency on foreign oil by one-third by 2025.

In the U.S. today, only about 2,350 fueling stations out of more than 110,000 offer E85 pumps, according to the USDA. More about The Department of Agriculture plan when corn is at its highest price ever is at:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704503104576251023724394758.html

<span style="color: #3333FF">(hope the wsj link works for you, and if it doesn't just Google, "Gas Stations Get Aid to Sell More Ethanol" to read from another source)
</span>
This year, the ethanol industry is expected to consume five billion bushels of corn, almost as much as the 5.2 billion bushels that will be used for livestock feed, according to USDA data.

Congress also provides hefty support for the ethanol industry with a 45-cent-a-gallon subsidy that is paid to gasoline blenders that include ethanol in fuel. And just a few short years ago was able to get premium fuel for under $1 per gallon.

At the same time we didn't give our troops 338 rifles (saying cost too much so upgraded the 300WM plans), military people are not getting reliable pay checks, and heard on the news tonight our president is going to announce further military cuts this week. After the US Government approved the $700B Bank bailout and $787B Stimulus in recent times.

Whatever has been done, bottom line is those who need it are not seeing the trickle down. The established colleges and contractors are benefiting big from huge stimulus amounts distributed. Unfortunately only those with existing reputations capitalize - The money goes in at the top and never makes it to the bottom, average workers in companies who get awards do not see any benefit.

Current policy 'improvements' make the rich richer. While the masses like me, get to suck it up and pay the higher fuel prices no matter how high it goes to be mobile.

when a barrel of oil hits $200, then they will open up the oil fields in the U.S., They will not bring the price back down, it will still be $200 a barrel. Look up Lindsey Williams on Infowars.

Just checked the fuel prices here in Aus.

Cheapest fuel in Sydney is $1.52 per Litre for Regular.

That's about $5.75 per gallon.

I wish we had your fuel prices

when the Dollar loses world reserve currency status fuel prices in America will go up to 5,6, some are saying as high as $8 a gallon.

I think $8/gallon fuel in the US would damage the economy further. That would be even less spending per household, which means more jobs cut, more broke people, and so much more. Death spiral is what we're doing, we're circling the drain. Our leaders can either plug the drain hole, or watch us drown. My guess is they left the room and aren't paying attention anyway.

Branden

I paid $4.69 per gallon today. Since I know that the leaders are full of it on this one, I am a little pissed off.

Who honestly thinks this is a Democrat/Republican thing? That's ridiculous. The people that control the majority of the oil (energy) in the world could care less if we have a loose cannon black guy, or 40years corrupt old white guy. The big, old money holders make the rules when it comes to things like this. And all politicians can do is spin their wheels and BS people into voting for them instead of the "other guy".

The last thing that people need to do is turn this into one more, ridiculous divisive dabate about Rep. Or Dem.

It is not a party thing. It is almost all of them, regardless of party affiliations. Even with their constraints, they could do better than this. After all, if the economy totally collapses, there will be no taxes collected either, and no money to buy the oil, regardless of price.

You aint seen nothing yet...

5,68 EUROS per gallon here, more or less European average.
That makes USD 8,17 with current 1.44 exchange rate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: importsstillsuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">when the Dollar loses world reserve currency status fuel prices in America will go up to 5,6, some are saying as high as $8 a gallon. </div></div>

You left out one key detail.... Instantly!

I paid $4.15.9 Sat

One Station in NYC I heard was today $4.99.9

Id better gas up my flamethrower now while prices are still within my budget. Wouldnt want to be caught with my pants down when the Zombie hordes march into town

In all seriousness, who will be able to work in the malls, convenience and fast food stores across this fine country when it costs half a days wage to fuel the car to get to work? The folks that live in the dumpster in back of the store i guess.

I think the loss of jobs and rising prices will eventually cause a fire. How hot the fire burns should be interesting.

yea I'm guilty of sugar coating once in a while. So yes it would be instantly that gas prices go to $8 a gallon. When people can't afford it anymore; they will sell us on CNG but will jack the price way up on that too. UN Agenda 21.

Diesel was over $4.55 on Saturday here. Premium is running $4.05 in some places. Average seems to be hovering at 3.99-$4.00

I always love that talk about how much gas should be and how we had it too good for too long. Now we are getting a feel for the rest of the world. Many countries that are paying tones of cash are paying lots of tax. Did I say lots of tax?

Here in the US every time gas gets out of hand the oil companies start making record profits. If you do the math on a barrel of crude it sure works out but where are the profits coming from? Here in ND we have lots of oil. I was talking to one guy about the oil out there and the oil companies were offering the owners $12.00 a barrel. Well we now know where the profit is coming from. So long story short gas is overpriced.

Back when I lived in Ca. two refineries burnt and the oil companies jacked the prices way up. Stating supply and demand. Demand is the same but supply is down. As we all know these companies have to give to the gov. reports on how much product they are making. After that was released it turns out there was more gas being produced with two less refineries operating.

The sad fact is most Americans are just sheep. They will not do anything to better their life. They could be replaced with a machine and we would be better off because of it. One of my friends is that way. Does not want to make any waves. Some days you need to make waves and others you need to put bleach into the water. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.