• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Paint order for MARPAT Woodland

TheTick

Private
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2010
Metro Philadelphia, PA
I am painting my rifle to match my new issued uniform, which is, as you guessed it MARPAT Woodland. The colors in the paint kit are Khaki, Coyote, Geen, Black. Does this still follow the lightest to darkest colors technique?

It appears that the Brown (Coyote) is the dominant color and should go on after the Green, which is darker. The order I am figuring on is Khaki, Green, Coyote, and then Black with female stencils to break it up.

Does this sound correct to anyone who painted this scheme before? I have an expensive issued rifle and would like to try not to mess it up and I am the first one on the team to attempt this paint job.

Also, I did all the searching I could on this and found nothing... so please don't slam my dick in the dirt if I missed a previous thread.

Thanks in advance,

Tick

Re: Paint order for MARPAT Woodland

I haven't painted a digi pattern yet, but by looking at the color pattern and color layout, it seems to be more effective using the first color that is least dominant, and the going to the next least dominant color. If the coyote color is the most dominant color, that would be my final coat.

Find someone small that you can test on.

You could also try hydro dipping, which is a pretty close match.

Re: Paint order for MARPAT Woodland

Yup, then we agree on the color order... I was going to use black with female stencils at the end to break upt he pattern here and there.

Can't send it away to get dipped, bosses would get pissy and I am doing the entire weapon.

Tick