• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Painted my 10FP stock

galveston22

Private
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2009
Texas
Rustoleum ultra flat khaki with 2 coats. It turned out really well I think. Seeing as no one makes a replacement stock, this will do for now. I'm a little concerned about the durability of this finish, but I love the color. Anyone have any suggestions on how to keep the finish from scratching, rubbing off? Is there a sealer of sorts?

cimg3194.gif

Re: Painted my 10FP stock

Looks to me as if you have the newer model 10 FP, the centerfeed model with the 4.411 inch screw spacing. They make several replacement stocks, just do a web search and if it's the older model you have, they make plenty of replacements for it to.
Anyway, not saying you need to replace your stock, just read your statement (Seeing as no one makes a replacement stock) and figured I'd give you a heads up.
As far as protecting the paint, which looks good, I've used some of the flat clear and it will help in protecting the paint to a certain extent, meaning it will help protect it from minor bumps and scratches and normal wear. I just reshoot a couple light coats of the flat clear on mine as needed.