• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Paints and Coatings.

Cheech

spiritus
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2009
TENUS
www.larosadesign.net
I'm thinking about paints/coatings for a MA-Ten build. I searched and found loads of great info about the various products. Mostly Procedures and types of applications with beautiful pictures of freshly finished projects. Not much about the endurance of the product. I'm interested in how the different paints/coatings hold up over time and use.

I'm looking for input and opinions based on personal and practical experience. Please help me and others looking to do this, if you would be so kind, and post the product you used and how it held up for you with pros and cons. What you might have done differently if anything, color retention, etc.

I greatly appreciate any input on this subject as will others I am sure. Thank you

Re: Paints and Coatings.

Talk to Todd at Phantom Finishing ... he is a grade A+ finisher and a shooter. He will give you the low down.

Cheers !!