• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pairing a garmin and Kestrel 5700

lai345

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2023
San Jose
Has anyone successfully paired their garmin foretrex to a kestrel 5700 before? I am trying to connect my garmin foretrex 901 and kestrel 5700, but having a difficult time figuring out how. There doesn't seem to be any manual online to do so. Thanks in advance

Has anyone successfully paired their garmin foretrex to a kestrel 5700 before? I am trying to connect my garmin foretrex 901 and kestrel 5700, but having a difficult time figuring out how. There doesn't seem to be any manual online to do so. Thanks in advance
If you find out let me know, I have Ben trying to information on that myself

Sorry, if you go to the page with Waypoints, Tracks, Routes, Setup and scroll down and select Connect. Scroll down to Other and press Enter. Select Search For New.
I did this, at first the Kestrel appeared and it was connecting but was taking too long to connect. Now I retried for the second attempt and the device is stuck on searching. Does my foretrex need some sort of firmware update?

I did this, at first the Kestrel appeared and it was connecting but was taking too long to connect. Now I retried for the second attempt and the device is stuck on searching. Does my fo
I no longer need, but the other existing users/admins should retain rights

retrex need some sort of firmware update?
You can try updating the firmware on your Foretrex 901 using Garmin Express. You may be in a state where the only thing that fixes it to remove the battery from the Kestrel and then replace it after 30 seconds and try again.